JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

brocklanders023":23guep8x said:
1999's defo could be bought with rigid forks. The 2007 re-release didn't as stock but you could buy forks from Orange (F8's?) at the time so if you got some of them and sent 'em to Bob Jackson's in Leeds you could get 'em colour matched as they painted all the 2007's.

Cheers mate for the bob jackson info. Are they UK built then or just shipped back for painting?

lol...Had my eye on the now openly advertised one above :roll:

I was also watching that one :roll:

They were made in the far east and shipped back. Story goes that Orange were not happy with the standard of paint when they arrived from the factory so sent them to BJ's for a re-finish. ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm British you know

New to the forum and loving it, fantastic to see all the time, effort and dedication people have for our old bikes. I couldn't afford the Orange Clockwork in the early 90's, so had to opt for Diamond Back Ascent during those years. That turned into an Ascent EX and finally a Kona Cindercone.

I now want to respray my Kona.

I'm not sure if anyone can clarify this for me, but I bought some decals from Graphic Shack for the Cindercone, but I find that the decals are quite 'thick' and nothing like the ones I had bought from Diamond Back 20 years ago when I resprayed my Ascent EX. These were really thin and couldn't be noticed after a lacquer on top of them. I'm seeing that the recently purchased Graphic Shack decals are hard vinyl and am wondering what the finish is like after a respray and a lacquer on top of the colour and decals. Does anyone have any experience with this ?

Many thanks and hopefully I'll post the outcome of my respray soon.

Cheers, Pablo

Re: I'm British you know

noya":3b6aalfo said:
New to the forum and loving it, fantastic to see all the time, effort and dedication people have for our old bikes. I couldn't afford the Orange Clockwork in the early 90's, so had to opt for Diamond Back Ascent during those years. That turned into an Ascent EX and finally a Kona Cindercone.

I now want to respray my Kona.

I'm not sure if anyone can clarify this for me, but I bought some decals from Graphic Shack for the Cindercone, but I find that the decals are quite 'thick' and nothing like the ones I had bought from Diamond Back 20 years ago when I resprayed my Ascent EX. These were really thin and couldn't be noticed after a lacquer on top of them. I'm seeing that the recently purchased Graphic Shack decals are hard vinyl and am wondering what the finish is like after a respray and a lacquer on top of the colour and decals. Does anyone have any experience with this ?

Many thanks and hopefully I'll post the outcome of my respray soon.

Cheers, Pablo

As you can see from this picture, graphicshacks work is very good imho, this example was replicated as per the originals, paint, and decals are exact reproductions, and then lacquered over. decals do differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, i take it given your location, gary didnt have the original frame to work from...? im confident if you are unsure garry will be more than happy to help, hes a top fella.

KONA decals.
Also have a close look at the pictures on this thread, i did the decals my self, (also quite thick, if you look closely....) then lacquered over....as you can see they came out lovely.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... a+explosif

you wont have any problems my friend.
welcome by the way...

Attachments

• ORANGE.jpg
    ORANGE.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,441
Mines done for now. Will come apart again for powder coating after ride next week...

7311eed3.jpg

746121f0.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
did anyone on here bag the one the duke outed above...?

ANYMORE CLOCKWORKS ANYONE............... :cool:

mine should be nearly ready in its new slimline guise...

ditched the RS indy's for some polished f7's, Ti brahma bar, new sd7 levers, polished syncros crank (just need to source a middle ring), magnesium beartrap pedals & fresh decals all round from Gil M. Kept the full X-9 drive train & arch rivals on there with the hope mono wheelset.

It will hopefully be ready in the next week or two all being well.

Back