Joe Waugh 531 Designer Select 'Sick' Paintjob

nammonk":1q2mzfv8 said:
I knew there was something wrong with it, but I've only just worked out what it is. It's that bar tape! How can you live with it? Do the decent thing --- get some splash tape on there and enter it for rBotM.

Splash tape would make it worse! A nice solid or fading yellow would work well, picking up the TurboMatic highlights and the yellow in the frame.

Mark.

I've got some orange sidewall Vittoria Corsa CX tubs that would help as well. Shame you have MA3s on it. At least they're red; good work.

yeah, i'm going to buy into the 'so bad its good' idea and try with the bar tape...

What is great about this bike that when placed along side it my Merckx looks super awesome :)

Liked it, but I have a soft spot for colourful things.

It's different from most of the bikes we se here and on the roads, kinda of annoys me the fact that everything nowadays is so black, white and grey.

I'd keep the way it is and enjoy being an oddball in the peloton (in the good sense of the word obviously).

Joe Waugh

Now if that frame had PEGORETTI on it you would be thinking that it was the DB's..
and worth a fortune !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would leave it as it is. Changing bar tape, tyres, etc is no biggy, but its inherent value surely lies in its originality.

If its a bike you are going to keep forever and ever then paint it, but only if thats what you realy want to do, or if the paint job is tatty and a new paint job would protect the frame better.

If its a stop gap bike then the original paint job will surely be worth more to potential buyers and sell better.

Personally i think it looks great :)

cheers guys,
no danger - it stays as is. Unless i manage to somehow scrape it along a brick wall enough to justify a repaint...
just struggling to find the right splash tape. Where's Mike Dyason's Ozzo catalogue when you need it!

The paint work is outstanding!

Glad you decided not to change it. If I had the chance of buying that bike I'd take it in a second!

Back