unkleGsif's 1990 Cindercone Karma

Slow progress being made, but some at least..... (these wheels are only for test purposes)
main.php

Have sourced a seatpost in black from my LBS, Ken Fosters in Chorlton, however at 26mm, its a different size to the research I have that suggests the frame takes a 26.4mm. We tried one and it did not fit.... wierd, but this one is a nice snug fit....

Also had the frame put in a jig to check for straightness in light of the stem damage, and it appears that the rear out slightly. While he said this was most likely to be the dropout only, considering the mech hanger being slightly bent, we put a wheel in to check and it straightend back up to about 1mm give or take. Basically, he reckons he can build a bit more dish into the wheel to compensate for that.

Here is a pic of the stem :shock:
I should point out, that if I do try and straighten it, it will only be because at the moment, there are no outward signs of damage to the metal or welds. There are no creases anywhere, and the paint has not cracked at all
main.php

We also managed to sort the front brake boss issue, but removing the remaining damaged part, and threading in a replacement boss with the right thread. While its a bit too long at the moment, compared to the original one, it will be ok with the brake I intend to run
main.php

SO,
Just need to sort out the rear wheel, swap cranks and BB, and source a seat, grips and fit cables

G

Sorted a Tioga T-Bone for the time being.... should be able to sort this one then repaint and fresh decals

G

Im having problems with mine fit ride etc wana meet and see if we can help each other out? :)
Daz

TBH, I'm pretty chocka for the next month or so.... working 6 day weeks and busy on Sundays with family and the Mrs etc. Not even going to get time to build or ride (even ho bits still keep turning up at work - tyres today, stem later in the week hopefully ;) )

When I am clear of this busy period, it would be OK, but at the moment, I cant even afford time to watch last week's Top Gear :shock: :shock: :oops:

Will be in touch
G

:cool: Im the opposite got way to much time and nowt to do ;)
Bar drink, waste money I cant, and watch endless Top gear :!:

After 2 weeks you would be :shock: Im now buying strange things from strange places and trying to earn a quid or ten.
If you aint got work what do you do???
Buy things waste money you aint got and drink........ :LOL:
EDIT and ride your bike round the very strange bits of Manchester.

Back