1993 Raleigh Activator 2

Haha, no, it came before the D-lock, so I have to make sure if I want a drink I can only ride to places I won't need to lock the bike!

Hillman":3vopbpu1 said:
Jussa":3vopbpu1 said:
Ooooooooooooh Piccies please :)

Here it is, needs some love, a respray of the bar ends and handlebar stem, replace the seat stem, looking for a replacement saddle, buts rides ok. Gripshift twisters, saddle and tyres all grey as original but need a clean. I like it but with the 1.95 tyres it does sound like my Land Rover when on the road ;)

nice bike,,,mines quite comfy and quieter with the bigger 2.25 tyres,although there is room for bigger
i found that a sprung seat is better as i take it through some rough ground on the way to work(although its resting till the spring at mo) as the suspension is not that good
using the jensen at mo (see piccy) :D
the gears are smooth and its lighter than people say,i love my bso :!:

Attachments

• DSCI0006.JPG
    DSCI0006.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,021
hi all

think that using a non top quality bike and bunging loads of good bits on it is funny as hell and makes me laugh so this is a karma for u lot

rules

has to go on a bike that would never had this kit on it would also like to see it fitted

whats the kit u ask

xtr m952 rear mech (has discolouration on it but still works ok
xtr m952 front mech (same as above )

see here
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=244152

all im asking is u pay postage or come and get it from crawley

any questions

tony

I bought one from Halfords with a group of mates. It lasted a week. We took it back and complained. The store manager said it wasn't designed to be ridden off road. We pointed out they sold it as a Mountain bike and we simply used it the same way we were using ours. He asked what bikes we had and gave him a list of Kona's, GT's, DBR's and such like. He put up a bit of a fight but we got our money back with him saying "oh it must have been a faulty one. All the other's I've sold have been fine"

ba57ards":3pykq28k said:
hi all

think that using a non top quality bike and bunging loads of good bits on it is funny as hell and makes me laugh so this is a karma for u lot

rules

has to go on a bike that would never had this kit on it would also like to see it fitted

whats the kit u ask

xtr m952 rear mech (has discolouration on it but still works ok
xtr m952 front mech (same as above )

see here
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=244152

all im asking is u pay postage or come and get it from crawley

any questions

tony
Very good of you tony.........if no ones interested I could polish and fit them to something ,was thinking after completing the cannondale and Dawes,getting some light forks for the craptivator,and now thinking about it.........strip it totally and finding better wheels,xt or xtr cranks,thumbies etc..will weigh the bare frame and run a competition :) ......you may have started something now :) :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back