RIDES FOR 2012?

Re: rides 2012

marc two tone":1n3k4w21 said:
see rob atkin ben, he haunts those parts and may know some trails in and around.

for now i will run with whatever is announced. im sure things will be clearer when the clocks go forward and the sap rises ;)

I could come up with a route around Holmfirth.... up towards the moors, a couple of do-able short rocky descents and some long easy (for you guys) climbs with great views.

It's be like a mini Peaks ride as the terrain is pretty similar. There is some singletrack stuff but it's cheeky and so I don't like riding it so would give it a miss - my mate rides it but I won't.

Lots of tea shops - fish and chips are great round there.

If there is any interest I could put a route together of about 10-15 miles.

I would bring free buns made by my lovely wife.

I'm not tempted by a lack of singletrack but might be interested in your lovely wife's buns. ;)

Dr S":2vpdatm3 said:
I'm not tempted by a lack of singletrack but might be interested in your lovely wife's buns. ;)

Oi! ;-)

She's from Bradford so she'll take you all on if there's any more talk like that. ;-)

Going for a ride out on Sunday short notice but your more than wellcome to come along. Ride put together by a friend who is trying to kill me, aprox 30miles, mixed from easy to very hard ups and moderate fast downs.

Keighley Canal to Shipley to up to Shipley Glen - Pass Acorn pub at Eldwick - Upto Dick Hudson - Opposite dick hudson up Ilkley moor - Over ilkley moor and down the otherside to Whitewells - From Whitewells along passed swastika stone to addingham moorside - Over Addingham moorside down into High moor woods - Into Holden Gate - East Morton - Down to 5 rise locks area and Canal, somthing like that :shock:

Re: rides 2012

Rob Atkin":2ie44pb2 said:
marc two tone":2ie44pb2 said:
see rob atkin ben, he haunts those parts and may know some trails in and around.

for now i will run with whatever is announced. im sure things will be clearer when the clocks go forward and the sap rises ;)

I could come up with a route around Holmfirth.... up towards the moors, a couple of do-able short rocky descents and some long easy (for you guys) climbs with great views.

It's be like a mini Peaks ride as the terrain is pretty similar. There is some singletrack stuff but it's cheeky and so I don't like riding it so would give it a miss - my mate rides it but I won't.

Lots of tea shops - fish and chips are great round there.

If there is any interest I could put a route together of about 10-15 miles.

I would bring free buns made by my lovely wife.

With places like UpperThong and NetherThong and Totties.
Sound like it should be good.

It's hour and half from here and there are plenty of Leeds area that can make it

Rob Atkin":2fhxbzcv said:
Dr S":2fhxbzcv said:

Oi! ;-)

She's from Bradford so she'll take you all on.

Excellent. Should be a great turnout for this one then! Bagsy not going last though!!

:LOL:

Dr S":1qpgps70 said:
Rob Atkin":1qpgps70 said:
Dr S":1qpgps70 said:

Oi! ;-)

She's from Bradford so she'll take you all on.

Excellent. Should be a great turnout for this one then! Bagsy not going last though!!

:LOL:

Right, you're barred from West Yorks now I'm afraid!! ;-)

(why didn't I type "take you on in a fight"??? :roll: )

keighley ride

MADB":1tzockzh said:
Going for a ride out on Sunday short notice but your more than wellcome to come along. Ride put together by a friend who is trying to kill me, aprox 30miles, mixed from easy to very hard ups and moderate fast downs.

Keighley Canal to Shipley to up to Shipley Glen - Pass Acorn pub at Eldwick - Upto Dick Hudson - Opposite dick hudson up Ilkley moor - Over ilkley moor and down the otherside to Whitewells - From Whitewells along passed swastika stone to addingham moorside - Over Addingham moorside down into High moor woods - Into Holden Gate - East Morton - Down to 5 rise locks area and Canal, somthing like that :shock:

this could be that dark corner unlocked now! a guy i know who lives in your estate was always ranting how that ridge above the estate went to interesting places. i might join you later in the year for a look see.

cheers bri.

This weeks ride was a bit more like winter, all ice & snow
but with no wind.
We returned to Reeth to test a new route but day light and weather were against us.

Looking down on Reeth
Picture005.jpg

The easy bit
Picture016.jpg

The hard bit
Picture012.jpg

Much fun
Picture031.jpg

Think there expecting snow ?
Picture042.jpg

Keep smiling
Picture052.jpg

Top of the last decent
Picture057.jpg

Fun fun fun
Picture061.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics.......... you could be riding here later this year ;)

Back