Another Colnago!

Bravo. Argos have done a lovely job there, and looks like it is going to be a stunner when all built up. Good choice of rim in my opinion; I know clinchers are more convenient, but are you building this up for convenience? The only problem is finding good tubs that look the part (not black sidewalls or garish colours) --- next to impossible now.

Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Nick

Decathlon do some nice Vittoria(?) tubes, with gum walls for about 16 euro's i think
I put Conti tubes one one of mine

^^ yes, Vittoria Rally, which is what you see a lot. They are OK, but they are training tubs; this should have Corsa CX or Clement! Surely a tub manufacturer would find a decent market for gum wall high end tubs.

btw, I'd make a guess at 1983 for this frame --- just at the start of the sloping fork crown. Very similar to my old one which I had down as 1982 due to the flat top fork crown. My number boss was similar, but different.
You should have fun riding this.
Nick

Funny you should mention those tyres. I have a pair of NOS Clements on the way, but I'm getting the LBS to put a set of Vittoria Rally's on when they build the wheels. I'm guessing the old Clements might be a bit fragile due to age, might get a set of riding and a set of display wheels, not sure yet.

Thanks for having a stab at the frame age, I hadn't guessed any closer than mid eighties. The frame is originally from Holland, I believe the number bosses were pretty common on the frames they had imported there and not necessarily indicative of race team pedigree.

I have some Mavic CX18 rims (my old TT wheels) and don't know what to put on them. I still have a lovely Wolber Record Route 18mm tub, but am too scared to ride it now...
Nick

If you want a nice retro look tubular then look no further than the Vittoria Corsa Evo SC - available with gum sidewalls. They're not cheap but then this bike deserves the best! Ribble usually have them in stock.

Mark.
PS: I had a look for short dropout screws but only have some old slightly bent ones. Parker usually have some on eBay with nice metal end caps instead of the big plastic things.

daccordimark":1j04mgsv said:
If you want a nice retro look tubular then look no further than the Vittoria Corsa Evo SC - available with gum sidewalls. They're not cheap but then this bike deserves the best! Ribble usually have them in stock.

Agreed, although I got my clincher versions on ebay for £72.99 delivered.

photo-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

Your bikes looking lovely so far :cool:

Let me know if you'd like me to delete my pics after you've seen them. Don't want to be clogging up your thread with my pics !

Shawn.

Back