2002 Seven Sola - Ridden 24/03/12 page 4

Well I finished the cabling today, and adjusted all the gears and brakes up nice, so thought I'd take it for a quick mile round the block....

all I can say is WOW, I've never had a bike fit and suit me so perfectly, rides really really well, accelerates like a banshee, and absorbs a surprising amount of shock for a full rigid.

I love it.... :cool:

I'm going to keep it... :shock: :shock: :LOL:

And a casual weigh-in on the scales brings up an approximate 10kg weight, which isn't bad at all, considering some of the heavyweight items I've used..

Hi Steve
How are the brakes? I have Paul's and avid v's on my 2002 santacruz SL and have just decided i'm going to give it a 10th anniversary upgrade.... Was assuming I'd ditch the love levers but saw your setup, so curious whether they work well.

Lovely build BTW.

Cheers.
Gary

Cheers Gary,

This is my first ever experience of mechanical disc braking, and I'm happy with the outcome. They're not gonna set the world alite with their stopping power (160Fr/160Rr) but they're brand-spanking and (I'm assuming) will need a little time to bed it properly?

These are the only levers I've used on this set up, so wouldn't be able to make a comparrison with a conventional V'Lever, but for me they work just fine.

dyna-ti":1x20ex6g said:
Can i ask what the frame stampings are[numbers,makers stamp etc] and where are they. :)

Still trying to identify my Ti :cry: Anything that looks even remotely similar... :oops: :LOL:

crap - I knew there was something I was meant to do today,..... :oops: :oops:

I'll dig it out tomorrow in the light and get the details for you. :oops: :cool:

Thanks Steve. From you description they don't sound suicidally bad...good to know the option is workable... Might try it if I track down some down cheap before I find a set of hydraulics.

I'm running BB7 calipers, although there are more available.

My only advice would be to at least try the levers first, before ditching them and spashing out on something you might not need.. :cool:

GT-Steve said:
adri.75 said:
Very very nice!! :cool:
compliments
have you ever thought of turning it into a 27.5er? :D

thanks,

And no, I haven't thought of that.. :oops: what is it? 29er up front/26er at rear??[/quo

No, it's somethng even Adri's trying to do with his Titus 11. Basically, fit 27.5 (650b) wheels...

novekili":314878vv said:
GT-Steve":314878vv said:
adri.75":314878vv said:
Very very nice!! :cool:
compliments
have you ever thought of turning it into a 27.5er? :D

thanks,

And no, I haven't thought of that.. :oops: what is it? 29er up front/26er at rear??[/quo

No, it's somethng even Adri's trying to do with his Titus 11. Basically, fit 27.5 (650b) wheels...

I would have to check the clearances on the rear end, befor I thought about that... ;)

hello
I meant this to 27.5 = 650B
26-650-29-comparison-gearinches.jpg

if there is space in the frame of course! :LOL:
look at this fat chance changed from 26-27.5
01541a.jpg

link
http://www.ifrider.com/fat-chance-violet-deluxe/

Back