Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynatechrider's Raleigh Dynatech Torus XT

• yo-Nate-y's 1991 Fat Chance Wicked

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dr S":vaijmayv said:
I stick to my belief that classic painted Kleins and Yetis are awesome bikes, that the community on RetroBike is more fond of them than a lot of other bikes and therefore it is more likely that they win, compared to other bikes that may be entered. How is this a "wrong" statement, for chrissakes?

It's a 'wrong' statement because Kleins and Yetis don't often win. There are several kleins and Yetis entered each month, but it's not often they win. I would say the majority of RB members these days prefer the middle ground and that is often mirrored in the BoTM result. A skip find Raleigh Activator finished on the podium last month above a couple of nice Yetis.

I will look into older BotM polls with more attention, but like I said, I choose riding a bike and wrenching on it before making online statistics. And no, I don't have the power to "judge" except for myself, I was just expressing an opinion and it seems that some people have a problem with that.

You really like to take things out of their context, don't you? Pay attention to my quote from above and you will notice that I wrote "it's LIKELY". I always thought that online communities like that are based primarily on sharing honest opinions and opinions rarely are the same. Then it's about how you handle these opinions. For the more down-to-earth manner you can always look at the first page of this thread where Neil and Rob Atkin give a good example of that. ;)

We all love bikes, obviously, but in the end there are just bikes. I see that people take great offense if you don't praise what they like of if you dare touch their idols. It's a Klein or a Yeti, an artfully shaped piece of metal, not Jesus freakin' Christ! Excuse me for believing that people deserve being treated better than artfully shaped pieces of metal, especially when they share your passion.

Over and out. I'll be back with statistics! Have a great evening!
Mx

Maxipedia":28hhf9b6 said:
Dr S":28hhf9b6 said:
I stick to my belief that classic painted Kleins and Yetis are awesome bikes, that the community on RetroBike is more fond of them than a lot of other bikes and therefore it is more likely that they win, compared to other bikes that may be entered. How is this a "wrong" statement, for chrissakes?

It's a 'wrong' statement because Kleins and Yetis don't often win. There are several kleins and Yetis entered each month, but it's not often they win. I would say the majority of RB members these days prefer the middle ground and that is often mirrored in the BoTM result. A skip find Raleigh Activator finished on the podium last month above a couple of nice Yetis.

I will look into older BotM polls with more attention, but like I said, I choose riding a bike and wrenching on it before making online statistics. And no, I don't have the power to "judge" except for myself, I was just expressing an opinion and it seems that some people have a problem with that.

You really like to take things out of their context, don't you? Pay attention to my quote from above and you will notice that I wrote "it's LIKELY". I always thought that online communities like that are based primarily on sharing honest opinions and opinions rarely are the same. Then it's about how you handle these opinions. For the more down-to-earth manner you can always look at the first page of this thread where Neil and Rob Atkin give a good example of that. ;)

We all love bikes, obviously, but in the end there are just bikes. I see that people take great offense if you don't praise what they like of if you dare touch their idols. It's a Klein or a Yeti, an artfully shaped piece of metal, not Jesus freakin' Christ! Excuse me for believing that people deserve being treated better than artfully shaped pieces of metal, especially when they share your passion.

Mx

Why do you have difficulty manning up to your incendiary opinion? Just because you write, no offense, at the end, doesn't mean a thing. The fact that your wrote that, means you know that it will ruffle feathers, and you could care less, cause you must get your important opinion out there. Kudos to you. But, now take counter-opinions in stride; you just might learn something.
No one is telling you to shut up, so don't get touchy. As for an uninformed opinion, it's hard to take those seriously, so take the advice; take 10 or 20 minutes to look up some old results, then go out for your ride, then come back and post your same opinion if you must. But again, don't get mad because people prove you wrong. It makes you look like an angry n00b, and I'm sure you're a cool guy; nothing wrong with being a n00b, (i.e. newb, newbie, new person to the forum relatively speaking), most of us were that, once upon a time.

This type of stuff happens frequently on the polls, so no biggie, so long as we keep the fight clean and fair. Also, avoiding redundancy would be nice. No point stating, and restating, our opinions, no matter how wrong or right they may be.
So, in that light, I won't comment again on this particular topic, and I suggest others do the same; let's get back to talking about the bikes in this specific poll of january 2012 :cool:

Thanks

-middle management

I'm not mad, I'm just a bit surprised and I think that "incendiary opinion" is way exaggerated. I manned up when I said I stick to my general impression, sorry for the failed redundancy check. ;)

I will take this as a (communication) lesson, all positive.

So let's go back to nice bikes!

Mx

Maxipedia":3gzv3tum said:
I'm not mad, I'm just a bit surprised and I think that "incendiary opinion" is way exaggerated. I manned up when I said I stick to my general impression, sorry for the failed redundancy check. ;)

I will take this as a (communication) lesson, all positive.

So let's go back to nice bikes!

Mx

Awesome! Thanks :cool:

GoldenEraMTB":1sxjtsob said:
Maxipedia":1sxjtsob said:
Dr S":1sxjtsob said:

Mx

Why do you have difficulty manning up to your incendiary opinion? Just because you write, no offense, at the end, doesn't mean a thing. The fact that your wrote that, means you know that it will ruffle feathers, and you could care less, cause you must get your important opinion out there. Kudos to you. But, now take counter-opinions in stride; you just might learn something.
No one is telling you to shut up, so don't get touchy. As for an uninformed opinion, it's hard to take those seriously, so take the advice; take 10 or 20 minutes to look up some old results, then go out for your ride, then come back and post your same opinion if you must. But again, don't get mad because people prove you wrong. It makes you look like an angry n00b, and I'm sure you're a cool guy; nothing wrong with being a n00b, (i.e. newb, newbie, new person to the forum relatively speaking), most of us were that, once upon a time.

This type of stuff happens frequently on the polls, so no biggie, so long as we keep the fight clean and fair. Also, avoiding redundancy would be nice. No point stating, and restating, our opinions, no matter how wrong or right they may be.
So, in that light, I won't comment again on this particular topic, and I suggest others do the same; let's get back to talking about the bikes in this specific poll of january 2012 :cool:

Thanks

-middle management

Not another " UPSET"...golden...? .... ;)

I love the Gecko..., i think it really deserves a build thread though, and a lot more details shared.

The frame on the santana is lush...

The Pace RC100, i so want that bike in my size....

But then i Like an Iconic Klein too.........

:?

GoldenEraMTB":3jtuv7j6 said:
sinnerman":3jtuv7j6 said:
Not another " UPSET"...golden...? .... ;)

Why is my internet tone always taken as being upset? funny. Never thought of myself as a retrogrouch, but that's cool :cool:

No you are cool mate, i was simply quoting you from Previous posts, you arent grouchy mate, just selective..., but then i suppose as middle mangement, and not a noob, its par for the course. Keep up the good work.... :cool:

GoldenEraMTB":uhuh61j9 said:

;) cool.

So BP tell/us show us more of this Y-File will you....??? The retro bike community want to see a build thread...???

Back