hi all any info year ect on my holdsworth please guys,campag and wiman
ill update full spec
cheers ;)
DSCF1087.jpg

DSCF1089.jpg

DSCF1091.jpg

DSCF1094.jpg

Holdsworth.

It could be a Mistral, I suspect early 80s (as it doesn't have a rivetted on headbadge, and it has the later transfer & font style), difficult without frame number to determine exactly the date.

General comment - components don't often help as they could be earlier or later, looks like it has some Campag Nuovo Record (rear mech and chainset anyway) though.

Very good bike...I have a Mistral (197:cool:, but can date it exactly as I've had it from new!

Do some research on nkilgariff.com, best place for all things Holdsworth.

Rk.

^^ I agree about age (80-81), as on the other version of this thread. Is that really a NR chainset though? Looks like an SR copy to me; I had one just like it on my Hugh Porter from 1980-81. Fluting doesn't look quite right.

Also, I think they'd swapped over to Suntour gearing on the Mistral by 80-81 (and Rally before that), so it could well be that this was built up from a frame. So I think rk is right there about not using them as a definitive guide to year. Frame number should help though.

Nick

Holdsworth.

Mine has (from new) Campagnolo Rally rear mech, New Gran Sport front, Record two bolt seatpin, and two chrome clips; one for rear mech cable at the bottom of the seat tube, and one for the pump (top of seat tube).

Chainset upgraded to a New Gran Sport (was an SR"Silstar") and the hubs are now Record. Weinmann centrepulls and Staral alloy rims (27"). Original SR stem changed to an ITM Randonneur with and ITM stem. I'm looking for a wideish pair of SR Randonneur bars so I can retain the original stem - bit OCD sometimes!

Everything else is original.

I'll enter it on RBoTM soon.

Rk.

Back