Superstar Components?

claret73

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Anybody use their wheelsets in particular? Specifically the XC Versions? I had a Headset off them last year & looked really nice. Fitted easily but never rode it long term to see the longevity of it...Some mixed reviews but these go back a while, wonder if they've sorted out the faults with bearings & customer service?...

A mate has some of those wheels.

I don't think he's had any issues with them

I also have a few bits of SuperStar stuff, seems to be very good value

Not had any issues so can't comment on their customer service, I know that they had a bad spell a while ago & quite a few STW forum users love to hate them*

*depending on what day of the week it is, I think Monday is hate CRC day, Tuesday is Kiss the next niche bike designers arse day, Wednesday is argue about politics day, Thursday might be hate Superstar day & Friday is definitely a free for all trolling session

I got a set of Sub-Zero XC wheels from them a few years back. They were excellent for the money. Not many cartridge bearing wheels for that kind of money. Can't say I had any issue with them.

Andy B":2nms9064 said:
quite a few STW forum users love to hate them
Yeah, had a flick round STW Forum as links mainly to them on SS Reviews...Not a member & never go on there, but doesn't look Uber friendly, too much grumbling.

I got a set of those sub-xero XC wheels a year or two back as well. They were reduced at the time so were cracking value for £89! Noticed this week the same wheels branded as Mach1 on a 2011 Cannondale Rush 120. They've not had a huge amount of miles on them but haven't needed trued, or any maintenance at all really.

For what it's worth, also had a headset, loads of brake pads of all kinds and some rotors from superstar and I've never had any kind of issue. Great value kit.

Good to know of some reliability...Yeah I read about the Mach 1 marque. Could be a goer maybe? Have seen some XT MT75 complete for £200...

Latest posts

Back