Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynatechrider's Raleigh Dynatech Torus XT

• yo-Nate-y's 1991 Fat Chance Wicked

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maxipedia":1u1s3pv5 said:
You can copy and paste to view the cool Zaskar which, by the way, I voted for. I know it's difficult, but it's worth it.

Oh, and excuse my direct way, but sometimes I wonder why these polls are here, because voting is pretty close-minded. When I say that, I mean isn't some Klein, Yeti, Fat Chance or Ritchey garage queen gonna win it by default??? Why even bother? I don't mean to offend anyone, but since I am browsing Retrobike, I found so many cool bikes, so many cool people and so many incredible build stories that are ten times better than a BORING Klein in a Dolomite spray or the odd period correct Yeti with all the "right" parts bolted to it.

I have great respect for all the brands listed above and for this community, but that's what popped into my head when I saw this poll and I hope that just for once the perfect Klein won't win. I know a lot of users will know what I mean by that. Please don't take it personally!

Have a great one!
Mx

Reads this; checks calendar- phew! For a second there I thought it was 2008 still. Something tells me you have not bothered to go look through all the previous BoTM polls, before making your definitive statement, otherwise you might have refrained. There's a great diversity in the entrants and winners. If anything, the argument use to be that the more common bikes would beat the "upper shelf" bikes too frequently, making it too much of a joke. That was wrong, and you're wrong.

Please don't take it personally ;)

So anyway,
really like the Fats and the Gecko, but I have a fondness for the Pink Monster since seeing it on ebay years ago, and watching pass though a couple owners, with vastly different builds, from the frame up. Good stuff, James :cool:

The Monster really did come together super nicely. Trad is rad. The other set of shots look like they could be from the catalogue....but there's also no lack of mud in its life :)

488px-Phelsuma_l._laticauda.jpg

for me :)

GoldenEraMTB":1fosjro6 said:
Reads this; checks calendar- phew! For a second there I thought it was 2008 still. Something tells me you have not bothered to go look through all the previous BoTM polls, before making your definitive statement, otherwise you might have refrained. There's a great diversity in the entrants and winners. If anything, the argument use to be that the more common bikes would beat the "upper shelf" bikes too frequently, making it too much of a joke. That was wrong, and you're wrong.

Please don't take it personally ;)

You can leave that shade of arrogance aside; it doesn't impress me much. I'm afraid you haven't understood what my point was. I have admitted to the fact that I could be not 100% correct, as I am pretty new to this forum and that the impression of a high praise towards certain kind of bicycles is influenced by what I've read so far.

I didn't do any BotM statistics and I won't. I'd rather work on a bike or actually ride one. Oh, and that upper shelf is stacked with a lot of other makes, models and colorways than the few I was referring to and that get everybody's love (for a good reason). I'm in no way offended, I took all this with a smile, but I think that maybe you should look into accepting someone else's opinion and if you believe it is misguided, you could show him in a more friendly manner that the less recent past proves otherwise.

I stick to my belief that classic painted Kleins and Yetis are awesome bikes, that the community on RetroBike is more fond of them than a lot of other bikes and therefore it is more likely that they win, compared to other bikes that may be entered. How is this a "wrong" statement, for chrissakes???

The above being said, I choose to like, say, a '98 dirty Privateer more than a '92 perfect Attitude (in Dolomite, of course), or maybe Joy Division a wee bit more than the Beatles. I'm biting my fingernails off and hope that the Fashion Police doesn't show up my door before my next ride!

Cheers to RetroBike and ALL the great bikes and people over here!
Mx

didn't do any BotM statistics and I won't

Maybe you should before making judgement.

I stick to my belief that classic painted Kleins and Yetis are awesome bikes, that the community on RetroBike is more fond of them than a lot of other bikes and therefore it is more likely that they win, compared to other bikes that may be entered. How is this a "wrong" statement, for chrissakes?

It's a 'wrong' statement because Kleins and Yetis don't often win. There are several kleins and Yetis entered each month, but it's not often they win. I would say the majority of RB members these days prefer the middle ground and that is often mirrored in the BoTM result. A skip find Raleigh Activator finished on the podium last month above a couple of nice Yetis.

Wet my self when I see Kleins like that in such good condition but the Pace Rc100 is the unchallenged king of all, the Zues of the retro mtb world perhaps.

Regardless of your choice, hats off to the all the owners for keeping these things mint and thanks for taking the time to submit.

Love that koga too...

Dr S":22mgdp8q said:
Maybe you should before making judgement.

If he did he would have seen the Great Cunninham Wars of 2010, where a lowly, off the shelf Kona beat out a revered, handbuilt, low number Cunningham for BoTM.

Coolest and cleanest are Monster Fat (love that hot PINK) or Grove.... So clean love Grove's fade, funky neon graphics and ano still on the rim walls

Santa Cruz? Just put off by that saddle

Better take another look in a new tab...

...Still no good... Toss a coin?

I asked the wife which one she thought had the coolest paint job. Surprised me, but she went for the Grove

Back