West Midlands Rides 2012

I have a modern (couple of years old) Cotswold route book that has loads I have not tried will see if that covers the hill , will report back later when at home!

claret73":3tutq5x3 said:
Adrian, I think that Bredon Hill run is the one I did from a similar book titled the West Mids. All access was still available. I was going to contact you as Daj said you had a route? Think that route needs some tweeking? The climb up to Bredon is a slog as there are lots of Farm Gates which means plenty of pushing. Nice riding though on a Sunny day, maybe it can be linked with another route to extend it?

Andy, This was the route that I had in mind. I think it was also featured in MBR not too long ago - I'll have a look and see if I still have it. Cheers Adrian

Great Stuff! When I'd dropped off the hill & was riding back towards Beckford, one of the Villages took you back up towards Bredon Hill. You could, legs permitting, climb back up. I remember from the OS Map I had, there were possibilities of extending the time spent on the hill...I'll look into it this week...

leckhampton

dudes whats going on this weekend leckhampton ? my girlfriend has just moved to cheltenham so am in the area at the weekend
cheers
spence

Spencer come and join us Sunday morning/lunchtime going for a scoot around the local hill and surrounding area with a cheeky pint stop :cool:

Ref: Bredon Hill.

My parents live about 2 miles away from the place and it was my 'local hill' when I lived with them.

With enough warning, I'm sure they wouldn't mind us using their place as a meet up point and I might even be able to convince them to fire up the BBQ afterwards, if the weather plays ball.

Latest posts

Back