Saracen kili 853

drystonepaul":3adsrs06 said:
Yes I've seen the On-One forks. I'm a bit concerned about the A-C distance though, and the lack of 'S' embossed onto the tops.

dendy":3adsrs06 said:
So are you thinking of changing from the original yellow colour?

It's a very tatty yellow at the moment so it'll certainly want painting. The rear end is slightly out of alignment too so that'll need fixing.
Thinking about 'Kawasaki' green, or a similar colour to yours as it happens.

Here it is as of last August, with it's original head tube decal...

NWA-Preston-Rivington_04.jpg

great frames those and look so nice to. Are you looking for the hills in that picture?

I really like these frames, the tubings right, the forks very cool, but you cant help but fall in love with the wishbone.

Great job so far mate....., still keeping the faith too i see....., good style mate. :cool:

Nice one chaps..

Been really busy with work so not done much really. Only a couple more bits to get now and i shall finish it :D

dendy":2pssg45q said:
Nice one chaps..

Been really busy with work so not done much really. Only a couple more bits to get now and i shall finish it :D

Waiting in great anticipation fella. love it.

sinnerman":3ien8f28 said:
dendy":3ien8f28 said:
Nice one chaps..

Waiting in great anticipation fella. love it.

thx sinnerman! :D

dendy said:
Hi Paul thanks for your positive comments!

I am not a fan of the head tube badge either and when i find the time it is being removed for the one in my avatar.. Yes there is evidence to suggest the metal look ht badge appeared in 98. Although I am not 100% cos I know Saracen changed the styling of the cable guides half way through 97 and therefore every chance that the badge appeared with this facelift too. So yes this frame could quite possibly be a 98.

How do you know Saracen changed the guide style halfway through '97 Den?

I have a straight line carbon post in one of mine and it negates the wishbone design no end, different bike with a offset Alu post (parker knoll armchair).

The strutt fork is better to look at than ride, the rideing characteristics are much improved with either a 410 TB P2 or Rockstar, both actually trump a 395 Logic. Looks very stallionesque with a Rockstar fitted.....rides like a tamed one.

konatime":2lcloxu6 said:
The strutt fork is better to look at than ride, the rideing characteristics are much improved with either a 410 TB P2 or Rockstar, both actually trump a 395 Logic. Looks very stallionesque with a Rockstar fitted.....rides like a tamed one.

Interested in these comments, ridden (albeit fairly briefly) bikes with the strutt fork and thought they were nice - fairly harsh compared to TB P2 or a rockstar but quite liked that if it fits the frame 'feel'. Is that why you don't like it? Not disagreeing with you just interested in what it is you didn't / don't like.

Back