1998 Wilderness Trail Bikes Phoenix

Utterly Gorgeous!
I just sparked up my puter and the pic of the bike leaning against the rock popped up.
A great start to the day! :D

I love it too and nice to see some Californian sun. We have snow in Denmark...

Nick, i seem to remember that you had a Dekerf in this color, am I right?

Yeas, I did, and that came courtesy of Lawrence (Gearless in Seattle) too! I wish I still had it, but it had to go in a time of great hardship. :cry:
It's funny you should mention it; I'm not feeling the love for my current Solitaire, but haven't been able to work out why. She's as good a bike in the woods as any I've ridden but when both are built up I usually take out my tatty Soulcraft. I think it may be a bling thing. The Soulcraft is stealthy, and doesn't attract a second glance, but the Dekerf is very in your face. I'm not sure that suits me, so I've been thinking about a respray. A shame, given that it's a $500 option paintjob.
Anyway, enough of the thread hijack...

Sweet bike! :D
Need to get one of those anti-suck chain devices to save the paint :shock:

Also what sort of under saddle bag is that?

I like! Good colour, lovely clean lines - well specced, and good to see it's being ridden rather than polished :cool:

The PDW grips are cool too, they make some funky stuff!

More grist for the mill!

I made some changes to the set up.....and it is still rad :)

------------------------(repost from MTBR)------------------------

Just made it back from this morning's Romero Canyon ride. Twas great! I didn't do the technical creek trail, but instead took the long long fireroad all the way up, then bombed down. Nice to get the Phoenix up to speed on a downhill off road. The bike performed great. The DKG was a marked improvement, and I was definitely appreciating all 80mm of loving up front. I have noticed a wee bit of the fabled seatpost slippage. Not much, and maybe I just need to clamp down a bit more (the runs-slightly-small Thomson probably adds to the issue)....or maybe I need to get off my ass on these rocky climbs.

The trail is really cool---great views nearly at every turn, very strenuous but not impossible to keep it going at a good clip, plenty of rocks, little jumps, and nasties to keep your attention and jar you silly on the way down, and to top it off a couple small stream crossings. The 70 degree weather didn't hurt. But man, I need to get back in shape.....before Keysville.

Here's a scenery pic, and then a few more of the bike after I had finished up, replete with Santa Barbara's excuse for winter mud.

romero.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2622-1.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2617-1.jpg

Back