Zinn Z-753. (Ride pics added)

StanleyButterfly":1xx07bon said:
you are one sore winner...but kudos to the bike - it's very lovely and it's not their fault that you are gloating like you've won some sort of patriotic war against foreign steel bike frames.

with respect,.....sore winner hardly.., and yes massive kudos to the bike thats what the comps about, not the owner.... :roll:

As for gloating.....,? certainly not !, happy? yes! Elated.....most definitely.. :cool:

Am i feeling Patriotic toward British Frame builders.....YES YES YES.....!!! (I should do and have every right after spending a decade or two in the trade in England seeing the ups and downs.)

It has nothing to do with foreign frame builders.....(see my other bikes and the love for them too... ;) ....take a look at the bring out the bontrager thread/show the steel thread.. :roll: i think my love is.... for the bicycle FULL STOP... :cool: )

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... +bontrager

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... show+steel

Its more to do with What levels of difficulties english frame builders had back in the day........example, frame tube supplies, component choices/restrictions, magazine reviews, and competition levels both foreign and DOMESTIC, which could make or break a frame builder, (which is all documented if you care to do your homework).

I certainly dont expect everyone to get it, if they did we would all be very bored at home....,

so back on track.........Once again, big respect to Andy for all his work....,a true Craftsman... ;) CONGRATULATIONS.... :cool:

Sinnerman,
this in my opinion is the thread of the year. I'm going Trail Pixie-ing in the woods tomorrow JUST BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD.

I hate to a compete buzz kill, but before we get all carried away with national pride (which is deserved, but here's a little perspective) - The Zinn won Bike if the Year on a UK-Based website. The voting pool does have some bias - sort of like when they way that the winner of the World Series is a world champion - most players are american, and the game is played in America.

Congrats on the win, but you forgot to thank your mother, and father, and your family, and oh, your kids, and really, lets add a little perspective here...

Just one man's opinion. Take it or leave it.

RichieB":hu8sj2fl said:
I hate to a compete buzz kill, but before we get all carried away with national pride (which is deserved, but here's a little perspective) - The Zinn won Bike if the Year on a UK-Based website. The voting pool does have some bias - sort of like when they way that the winner of the World Series is a world champion - most players are american, and the game is played in America.

Congrats on the win, but you forgot to thank your mother, and father, and your family, and oh, your kids, and really, lets add a little perspective here...

Just one man's opinion. Take it or leave it.

you are entitled to an opinion mate.... :roll: you do have worldwide membership to our "little islands" retrobike website too...... :LOL: (this i think speaks volumes...)

Hey Richie...., how is your Klein working out for you....? or is it a Cunningham..?
you never did say.?

Perhaps you could enter it into BOTM, i promise if you win i"ll fly the American flag for you, if you feel it inappropriate to fly the flag yourself...!!!!!!

;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... VS_It6EIGo

15 minutes of classic retrobike racing......world cup. (really worth watching)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFbeySUZUn0

RichieB":99m4dfgv said:
I hate to a compete buzz kill, but before we get all carried away with national pride (which is deserved, but here's a little perspective) - The Zinn won Bike if the Year on a UK-Based website. .

Come on mate, let the man enjoy his moment...!

It's a wonderful bike and a tribute to it's owner, and Brits are no less proud of home-grown bikes than Americans are of theirs. This is a site where respect and admiration for American kit and inventiveness (thanks to Ritchey, Potts, Cunningham etc.) is pretty much unbounded...

(I could be controversial and say that the seeds of talent that invented the mountain bike left from Plymouth in the Mayflower, but as an Exeter lad I can't bring myself to admit it...)

Congratulations on a deserved win for yet another, simply beautiful build Sinnerman! (!!!)

You can see evidence that it has had a prior life not just been encased in grease and kept in a glass case...

Also awesome that the frame builder has clocked this very thread

Plenty of American stuff wins things on here, so a bit of flag waving when some Brit iron wins is to be expected and in fact is utterly essential

Shouting about it simply comes off as churlish

For me at least there is no us and them. Great engineering is great engineering. Hard work and dedication can come from anywhere and style? well that's possessed in various quantities and qualities in various places

Anyone can win, this time it's a ZINN

:cool:

A very special Zinn...., i wonder where this one is Now....?

Attachments

• custom paint.jpg
    custom paint.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,487
  • img1401.jpg
    img1401.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,487
  • Jo Burt, on his custom painted Zinn.jpg
    Jo Burt, on his custom painted Zinn.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,487
  • Minty and jo Burt....riding the Zinn with custom Artwork.....jpg
    Minty and jo Burt....riding the Zinn with custom Artwork.....jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1,487
RichieB":1fpzlsry said:
I hate to a compete buzz kill, but before we get all carried away with national pride (which is deserved, but here's a little perspective) - The Zinn won Bike if the Year on a UK-Based website. .

Way off the mark. :evil:

That would imply unless we vote in an American bike then we are being jingoistic and biased which of course is nonsense. The bike was voted bike of the year based on the bike not the country of origin. You clearly do not know rb too well

sinn I voted for the zinn purely on it's rarity and like all the bikes I've seen you complete, the quality of the finished product

Back