What size is the bottom bracket on this bike

Staniland

Dirt Disciple
Hi all I need the size of the bottom bracket for this specialized hardrock.

Many thanks in advance

14101e67.jpg

Not sure if anyone could tell you unless they have the same frame with the same cranks. I can tell you how to measure it though.

If the bottom bracket is a square taper or similar sealed unit (Octalink, Powerspline, etc) and you can get the old one out (I'm guessing you can if you're replacing it), just take the old one out it will most likely have the two sizes you need written on it - most do. If not, take it out and measure the BB shell on the frame (this will be 68mm or 73mm) and the spindle length (end to end).

If they're through axle type cranks (two piece type things), you need to buy the BB that matches your cranks. You don't need a spindle length measurement but you do need a BB shell measurement to space it right (the BB will come with spacers).

hirosawa":1lu3zxx6 said:
Not sure if anyone could tell you unless they have the same frame with the same cranks. I can tell you how to measure it though.

If the bottom bracket is a square taper or similar sealed unit (Octalink, Powerspline, etc) and you can get the old one out (I'm guessing you can if you're replacing it), just take the old one out it will most likely have the two sizes you need written on it - most do. If not, take it out and measure the BB shell on the frame (this will be 68mm or 73mm) and the spindle length (end to end).

If they're through axle type cranks (two piece type things), you need to buy the BB that matches your cranks, you don't need a spindle length measurement but you do need a BB shell measurement to space it right (the BB will come with spacers).

Probably should have thought of that myself. I believe it's a sealed square taper unit. So hopefully it's written on there. Thanks very much!

What cranks are they? maybe someone knows off hand what the axle size is supposed to be :?

I honestly have no idea, looking at them... The cheapest that specialized could get their hands on at the time. Lol, bought some cheap flat bars today and some lock on grips. Would put the pics up but I doubt people are interested

99% sure it will be a 73mm shell same as my 97 Rockhopper FS, length depends on chainset that you are fitting ;)

Back