1988 Fisher Mt Tam - Update 22/07/2012

cchris2lou":wd0i231o said:
is that the one which has been on here a few times with different owners ?

Yes and i still havn't been paid for that NOS Shimano 600 headset thats in it. :roll: :LOL:

By the way, send me a Pm with your address. I still have the original bill of sale for this bike.

It was sold from BikeUK's branch on Lower Robert Street, London on the 10th November 1989 to a Dave Lawson and cost a princeley £1350. He paid extra for mudguards too but they gave him a cannondale multi tool FOC.

Its been sat in a file for a few years but it would be nice to get it back with the bike.

Si

Dr S":2bwry97y said:
By the way, send me a Pm with your address. I still have the original bill of sale for this bike.

It was sold from BikeUK's branch on Lower Robert Street, London on the 10th November 1989 to a Dave Lawson and cost a princeley £1350. He paid extra for mudguards too but they gave him a cannondale multi tool FOC.

Its been sat in a file for a few years but it would be nice to get it back with the bike.

Si

!0th November is my birthday! Thanks for this Si :D

Dr S":2bwry97y said:
cchris2lou":2bwry97y said:
is that the one which has been on here a few times with different owners ?

Yes and i still havn't been paid for that NOS Shimano 600 headset thats in it. :roll: :LOL:

:shock: (though not surprised :roll:) I paid extra for that..... not cheap either.

Glad to see it coming back to life. Nice job.

Here are some of the photos when it was posted on eBay and I won it in Feb 2009.

I am glad the original receipt is still with it. Thanks to everyone for preserving that bit of it.

If you want more photos and the original ebay ad in PDF send me a PM and I will send them to your email address.

Again great to see it again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 839
  • c80f_1.jpg
    c80f_1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 839
  • c923_1.jpg
    c923_1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 839
  • d080_1.jpg
    d080_1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 839
yeti-man":1tagbqp9 said:
titch__16":1tagbqp9 said:
...Is there any advantage to chainstay brakes? :roll:

Nop!

Not strictly true - they look great!

Also the chain stays are stiffer an so transmit more of the braking force than a seat stay mounted brake with out the need for a brace.

They are no doubt fine on the dusty warm hardpack trails of Mt Tam............(one day I will go there.....) but less great cold wet clay of southern england when selection of a suitable mud poking stick becomes a essential skil to survival... :D

Another great bike of yours to cause me more admiration...., class adrian another top job too.... :cool:

Back