93 OCLV weightweenie Project *Latest weigh-in pg. 22*

legrandefromage":3nsrjyn3 said:
What about Pace Sub130 bars if you can find a set un-cut?

Have been keeping an eye out, but everything is silver (except the brakes), which narrows the options somewhat.

Also, at the concept of having to shell out for a Loooong BB, money might be a little tighter over the next few months! :LOL: I'm setting some aside for lighter Rims/Spokes/Nipples too.

I've a 103g Promax headset here that needs a cleanup. Flite transalp and X lite matrix seatpost are on my other bike ATM, they'll be going on this, so I need to get replacements (although I'm not convinced the X lite seatpost is the right era?).

Bits needed:
BB (!)
Amp Canti hanger
QRs
cassette 11-28
Chain
Cables

Should be able to figure out the weight soon...

Right, small update, pedals and skewers:

SAM_0104.jpg

SAM_0099.jpg

Couldn't face controltech skewers, as I often have to take my wheels off.

Wheels will be re-built when bits start to arrive.

But, I did some sums based on what I have plus what I expect the rest to weigh. *quite* pleased.

;)

great stuff! looking forward to the complete build/weight. Those pedals are very nice too. Never owned them, maybee I will buy a set to try them myself... ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys.

If you ever want a set of onzas, make sure you can get cleats first! I love them; nice and simple, just like me.

:shock:

First time i've read this and answers a lot of the questions about the questions you've been asking :D

The inner tube are good at 130g, stick with them
Mavic 230's or Araya 395-Pro (not the 395-XC) are lighter than the 231's. The 395 being the stronger of the rims.
My front wheel early Hope Lightweight, pre curved flange, 3X Wheelsmith DB spokes and Alu nips with the RM-395 Team 32hole and rim tape is 660g. Big saving there and that without going 2x or DT Revolution spoke gauge.

230SBP will be easier to find though and cheaper normally though they vary in weight for some reason.
I don't think I read what hubs you are using ?

You can switch the front mech clamp and cable bolts for Alu, rear the cable and mount bolt for Alu as well dropping little bits of weight (this is a weenie project ;))

FluffyChicken":1hl5eync said:
First time i've read this and answers a lot of the questions about the questions you've been asking :D

You can switch the front mech clamp and cable bolts for Alu, rear the cable and mount bolt for Alu as well dropping little bits of weight (this is a weenie project ;))

Rims and hubs, watch this space :D I hadn't realised that the wheels I have were built with plain gauge and brass nipples (and some of the spokes are *quite* suspect)

Part of this for me was to see how low I can get it before I result to True weenieism, (alu bolts etc) but as it turns out, there are very few steel bolts in the bits I have (only really the stem and the suntour stuff) but yes, that will be the final stage.

I did mention a target of 20lb, but have been told that's too ambitious... ;)

I think specialized made a 370 gram rim in the early nineties. But have to admit, don't know if it was available for the public, or just a prototype rim...
With the 230 rims, in my experience you have to watch for little cracks near the spoke holes. That's where mine broke :cry:
Allthough I love the Onza pedals, aren't speedplays (magnum titanium)even lighter? Maybee they were a bit later though? No idea of availability either...

Back