The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mavic X517 SUP, 32H silver pair.

My_Teenage_Self":3lb89559 said:
Looking for the value of a near-perfect pair of Mavic X517 SUP in silver.

32H, stickers good, no damage, little use etc.

Any idea how much they're worth? :oops:

about £40 the pair if like new a few scuffs more and your looking at £25-£35 ;)

Hello guys!

I have just been offered this 1996-ish Fisher Paragon from a city nearby:

dsc00423pk.jpg

dsc00432s.jpg

dsc00430c.jpg

dsc00422xpq.jpg

dsc00418nn.jpg

dsc00419ai.jpg

dsc00427s.jpg

More images are on ImageShack, if necessary.

It seems that the bike is US-made, has a RockShox Mag, LX componentry mixed with newer XT, Control Tech stem, Syntace handlebar, Onza barends, Flite saddle and some aftermarket seatpost. I don't know what the wheels are, but it looks like the middle ring of the crankset isn't in very good shape and that is important since 5-arm chainrings are hard to find over here.

What do you think it's worth? I've been asked something like 120 EUR, but no way I am going to pay that sum. He wants to trade for a roadbike, I have none and he can't understand that. Kids...

Excuse the size of the pictures, I don't know how to insert them in a smaller version.

Thanks for your attention,
Mx

XTR Vs & Judy XCs

Full set of XTR 1996ish levers and front and rear brakes inc pads, noodles etc.
Some scratches but fully functional and by no means mint.
1 1/8" threaded Judy XCs that need a service and have some marks.
Any advice appreciated. ;)

Klein Attitude Sea and Sky 17"

Hi,

After some advice on price of above bike.

Bought by myself back in July 95 from a dealer in Aldershot. Frame has no dents or cracks, just a few light scratches to the toptube and a couple of nicks to the chainstay where chain-suck has occured. No sunfade to the paint and totally original. It has the rigid forks, MC2 Stem and Klein seatpost. Saddle is a titanium Flight and groupset is a mix including gripshift, Deore XT and LX components. Stored for most of its life and currently used as a commuter to work and back.

Cheers for any advice.

I come back and apologize. Sorry, I didn't realize that pictures would turn out that big and would be such a hassle to watch. I didn't take them, but I reposted the in a smaller, more user-friendly version.

I ask you once again: what would you pay for a '96 Gary Fisher Paragon in a not so great shape, with what appear to be a Rock Shox Mag 21 fork, Flite saddle, Control Tech stem, Syntace bar, Onza barends, CNC-like seatpost, Deore LX cantis and shifters and some newer M950 Deore XT rear derailleur???

Thank you for you opinions, yet again!
Mx

Hi fellow bikedudes

I have a possibility to get my hand on a larger set of NOS parts. I would like you to help me in getting an idea of what they could sell for. I ask this in order to give the supplier an offer. I am not into this in order to make a profit but because I like to see these parts circulate. I would also like to hear from you if you consider this unethical. The supplier does not want to ship nowhere and is not willing to sell direct...just to let U know.

I am situated in Denmark so shipping should go on top. So shipping to UK/Europe/World would cost a bit. Small parts cost around £5 uninsured to UK.

1) Ritchey Superlogic BB sets. 110mm. Steel. (complete, new in box) (more than 10 pairs)
[pics below]

2) Ritchey Superlogic baearing/cups sets for English and Italian (new in box) (more than 20 sets)

3) Sram 9.0SL brake levers in white (new, but not in box) (5 pairs)

4) GT Zaskar 12" (Xtra Small) frames in silver without stickers (3)

regards,
Jakob

Attachments

• P1020025.JPG
    P1020025.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,236
  • P1020022.JPG
    P1020022.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,236
My LBS is moving, and the cleanup/sorting has begun. All sorts of thigs are turning up. I have first rights on all the retro stuff. A lot of it I'm not interested in, but I know a few people here might be. The crux of the problem (as always) is pricing. No one can remember what anything was brought in for, or can price it. Valuations so I can determine if it's worth grabbing any of this stuff as it turns up?

Boxed USE SX Alien suspension post (27.2)
7da2e632.jpg

New Animal watch (model?). I kinda like this, but I have a Tag Aquaracer and a Ti Seiko I wear to work, so I really shouldn't.
ce747f82.jpg

New Pulstar rear hubs. There's more burried. some purple.
e494e563.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back