Merlin project

yeah I fitted a brand new (free) Aerozine green headset . and I just got a pair of zocchi Z1 from 1998 in silver which needs a longer steerer tube fitted

the family tree

Is it just me??

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, and I do admit that I'm not an expert who's familiar with all of their models, but have you done your research on the origin of the frame by checking the serial number?

I'm looking at the gusset, welds, finish (yes, I know anyone can polish a frame...), seat post collar, and drop outs, and I'm wondering if it's really a Merlin. Also, I'm curious, if the frame's post-'95 (for v-brakes), shouldn't it have S-bend chainstays?

It does look like a nice frame and I'm sure it'll be a nice build and a good ride.

Yeah I bought it off a member from here . He had two merlin frames this was the second frame that he couldn't afford to build up. It all seems to match up .

Re: the family tree

semi-school":rleu96a2 said:
Is it just me??

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, and I do admit that I'm not an expert who's familiar with all of their models, but have you done your research on the origin of the frame by checking the serial number?

I'm looking at the gusset, welds, finish (yes, I know anyone can polish a frame...), seat post collar, and drop outs, and I'm wondering if it's really a Merlin. Also, I'm curious, if the frame's post-'95 (for v-brakes), shouldn't it have S-bend chainstays?

It does look like a nice frame and I'm sure it'll be a nice build and a good ride.

hi semi-school,

it isnt a merlin metalworks frame out of titanium what your thoughts were probably. its an english bike brand I think which preferably aluminum .

cheers

Latest posts

Back