mrc_blk_1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 38
  • mrc_stripped.jpg
    mrc_stripped.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 3dv.jpg
    3dv.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 39
OK, trying to get this together. New decals for cranks and stem are in the post from the UK. I received some very nice NOS Syncros chainrings so decided to put them together.

Looking good..... at least on my living room floor, but then I went to put them on the bike and I'm running into a bit a problem with the inner chainring colliding with the BB lock ring.

Attachments

• install_syncros_revs_2.jpg
    install_syncros_revs_2.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 40
  • install_syncros_revs_1.jpg
    install_syncros_revs_1.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 40
Here you can see the lock ring that is a wee bit larger than the inner chainring.

So I guess I could try to find a lower profile lock ring?. I like the length of the spindle (which I should really go measure) the cranks are well spaced, close to the chain stays, and the middle changing is about 44mm from the center line of the seat tube.

Attachments

• install_syncros_revs_6.jpg
    install_syncros_revs_6.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 40
  • install_syncros_revs_5.jpg
    install_syncros_revs_5.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 39
  • install_syncros_revs_4.jpg
    install_syncros_revs_4.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 39
  • install_syncros_revs_3.jpg
    install_syncros_revs_3.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 41
:shock: Sweet!!! Where'd you get those NOS rings! Jealous! :twisted:

You sure you have the right length bb spindle??? You should be using one that's 117mm.

Rings from evilBay.
I just measured the BB spindle at 113mm. I think you're right and I need a 117mm. Hmmmmm back to the hunt.

I'm using a Syncros 117mm (maybe 118mm???) with my Revo on the RM Ti and clearance is good. I can't even recall how I managed to score the BB in the first place. Might even be Ti but I can't remember. :?

Regarding rings, I say outer two logo's out. My set of compacts I recently picked up along with black forged cranks has to be that way since they're ramped. Only the inner HAS to be facing in, as there's a cut out around the holes for the bolts to fit within.

These Syncros forged are gonna go on my future incoming RM project which I hope to getting soon! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_1897.JPG
    IMG_1897.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_1998.JPG
    IMG_1998.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 700
Back