External BB tools?

I expect with that much force your doing something wrong i.e your bb is too tight.
My spanner is a good 4mm or so thick - har har har!

Too tight for sure - factory fitted with air power tools (i'd guess) and too much thread lock. This was a new bike that was making funny noises, so the BB had to come out as part of the elimination process. BBB 3/4 type tool failed miserably, Park tool triumphed. :LOL:

Reluctant":3hlo7kkc said:
A tool which fully encircles the bearing housing is better. The ones which only go three quarters around can "spring" apart under extreme force.

+1

Best tool for the money is probably Pedros' socket tool.

http://www.pedros-europe.ch/Pedros-Euro ... _Tool.html

I use one at the shop which I bought as a stop-gap until there was money for a more heavy duty one - and it cost next to nothing. There are nicer looking, harder wearing tools out there - but honestly - how often do you need to use it?

While you're at it - for square taper and ISIS/HTII the BB socket holder is pretty handy too.

I bought an IceToolz one from Evans last week. It's brilliant! A knurled rim makes initial tightening a breeze , and then a last tweek with an 8mm allen key.
I don't usually shop in Evans, but it was Sunday, and it's fun to see which lookey likeys they have working there.
At the moment it's the Bozo Griffen boy from Family Guy, and Gaylord Fokker's lovechild.

Back