Another Colnago!

The cost for the respray alone is quite reasonable I think (prices on the Argos website). But when you add on the re-chroming work and replacing the BB cable guides which I also had to have done, it really starts to add up.

For my next resto (if this one doesn't cure the insanity!), I'll really try to find a frame with good chrome, that just needs the paint done.

The cost for the respray alone is quite reasonable I think (prices on the Argos website). But when you add on the re-chroming work and replacing the BB cable guides which I also had to have done, it really starts to add up.

For my next resto (if this one doesn't cure the insanity!), I'll really try to find a frame with good chrome, that just needs the paint done.

Wow. That's a beautiful result you have there. really looking forward to seeing this come together :cool: .

I have a Colnago master which needs the Argos treatment. Fortunately the chrome is good so as you mentioned it will only need paint, however the chrome still needs masking which all adds to the cost but looking at the result of your frame it looks well worth it :D

Well, the frame has arrived back from Argos, very impressed with the finish. time for some build pics!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Very, very nice - although I would have thought Argos might have used the correct length dropout adjuster screws - oh I just noticed you bought those! I might have some of the short ones if you're bothered - I'll check when I get home.

It will look stunning when it's all finished and the black stem always seemed standard fit on Colnagos back then.

Mark.

daccordimark":1hi78fcj said:
Very, very nice - although I would have thought Argos might have used the correct length dropout adjuster screws - oh I just noticed you bought those! I might have some of the short ones if you're bothered - I'll check when I get home.

Ah! I was wondering why they didn't seem quite right :facepalm:

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

I got the decals from Cyclomondo, though I think Argos can source them too if you prefer.

Also, new stuff has arrived, NOS Regina Oro 13-21 freewheel:

web.jpg

And a NOS Everest Oro slotted chain, cheaper than Regina and looks just as nice to me:

web.jpg

Both off of eBay.

Also arrived a set of NOS 3T Super Competizione from http://bike-vintage.com/, which I'll install today with the SR levers and Brooks black leather bar tape.

Lastly, I picked up a NOS pair of Ambrosio Synthesis tubular rims from eBay. Would have preferred clinchers, but haven't seen any suitably nice ones come up after looking for ages. They've gone to the LBS along with the SR hubs to be built up.

As the build progresses I'm acquiring a financially unhealthy obsession with NOS, thankfully it's nearly finished!

Back