Corratec Heresy Build Thread

Hi Magas,
tried Corratec and they read the emails but don't reply - not the best way to build brand loyalty. Good job for them I'm not in the market for a new bike!!

Re rear brake - think I may stick with the machined adapter I have to allow the fitting of later discs and calipers.

Will find Gill and ask, TBH not overly fond of the originals so something in the right style but in a colour that won't make the sheep gag as I ride past would be nice.

Contacted Gil and about 20 mins later this email landed - large portion of humble pie with a side order of my own words to go please!!:

Daer Paul,

you have a very nice bike.

I have only the „corratec“ decals in black or white. But they are written in the new corratec letters. The original decals, I don´t have.

Is it ok for you?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Rainer Schulze
Service Manager

iko Sportartikel Handels GmbH
Kufsteiner Str. 72
D- 83064 Raubling

Gil - will be in touch, Cheers, Paul.

Rainer has been a fountain of information, which leads me to ask a few questions.
The original bottom bracket was a Shimano XTR 1996. BSA 112,5mm - is there a decent modern equivalent - internal or external would be fine, the lighter the better - going for an updated resto using the lightest bits I can afford to get eh best out of a very nice frame.

Also for info have been quoted £20 to powdercoat the frame by these guys, they seem to have done plenty before http://www.meadowhallpowdercoatings61.co.uk/ it's going to be brilliant white as the only graphics that Corratec can supply are the black ones currently in use.

So, the Kona was project based upon green, the Corratec is goign monochrome - the only pain at the moment is finding a 30.6mm seatpost in white - anyone got any ideas?

Latest posts

Back