Brooks saddles, show and tell.

I've got a swallow saddle, pretty cool I think. Wanted one for years as you always see Brooks saddles from years and years ago, so they must be durable!

Got a Brooks cover, so you can use the saddle in the wet and keep the leather dry :cool:

Brooks seem to get better with age whereas most other seats I have definitely get worse!

Plus they are made in England!

P1010781.jpg

I have a B15 Champion Narrow, I swapped it a while back but then traded it back because I missed it. It is heavy, rusty, cracked and a bit battered but I love it. Second hand (on a 60's road bike) when I got it and it has never been adjusted but the previous owners arse profile must have been pretty similar to mine as it has never been uncomfortable. Can be a bit slippy with lycra on though.

IMG_3608 by Retrobike_the_Ken, on Flickr

The profile of the CN B15 I think is the same as the swallow but with the lowered sides covering the seatpost.

The Colt is a nice looker too, a bit more mountain bikey.

Won a copper railed and copper riveted B17 tonight, ain't decided what bike to stick it on yet though :)

£50 on ebay, the copper ones look the part though, I miss my titanium railed copper riveted special I had on my jones.....

Does bees wax work ok on these saddles?

Dirt cheap, under £1 a bar and used for army boots, thought they'd be good for brooks while seeing them on eBay?

Back