Zinn Z-753. (Ride pics added)

SiRvInO":1llup3st said:
I used to drink tea and go riding/racing National series with Isla Rowntree and Andy, the frame builder BITD, remember talking about their concept ideas,and the Zinn project, she was about 3ft smaller than him...nice couple though

:LOL:

Both.... :cool: ........... now can i play rule britannia again.....lol.

Congrats on winning the BOTY. I personally voted for this bike as I love its clean understated lines and look - a true classic.

As I said on the BOTY vote forum - 'THE ZINN WILL WINN!' ;)

sinnerman":12okklvt said:
this for me is sumthing special... :oops: )

OMG, I'll say!:shock:

Just a spectacular piece of work! You must be proud to own this one...

Zinn is still around. A riding buddy just had him do a custom road bike last year. My buddy is a big dude, 6'8". Zinn isn't much shorter, so he's the go to guy for big riders...

I didn't realize he had produced MTBs although I should have. One of his books was "Zinn and the Art of MTBing"...

fliier":31igqo0o said:
Zinn is still around. A riding buddy just had him do a custom road bike last year. My buddy is a big dude, 6'8". Zinn isn't much shorter, so he's the go to guy for big riders...

I didn't realize he had produced MTBs although I should have. One of his books was "Zinn and the Art of MTBing"...

That is a different Zinn believe it or not.

Just wanted to say thankyou again fellas, Saturday was a great day for BRITISH STEEL...., its not every day an English Frame builders work gains such notoriety as it did on saturday winning BIKE OF THE YEAR 2011..

Also i thought it might be quite nice for me to finish by adding a little more info that might interest those that have not seen it......from our very own Retro bike archives...........the interview with another English Legend....the man responsible for giving us "MINT SAUCE"........yes you guessed it "JOE BURT"....another big fan of ZINN..... :cool:

Thanks fellas.. :cool:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/articles/20- ... h-jo-burt/

RULE BRITANNIA.......

another classic piece of BRITISH MOUNTAIN BIKING HERITAGE.....

Attachments

• 842.jpg
    842.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,596
  • minty doing the retro in the garage just like the rest of us.....lol..jpg
    minty doing the retro in the garage just like the rest of us.....lol..jpg
    175 KB · Views: 1,596
  • BIKE OF THE YEAR WINNER 2011.JPG
    BIKE OF THE YEAR WINNER 2011.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,596
  • ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.jpg
    ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,596
As the builder of the bike all those years ago, I personally built all the 753 frames, I have to say I'm dead chuffed. Thanks everybody!

Andy

Featch":251pem6f said:
As the builder of the bike all those years ago, I personally built all the 753 frames, I have to say I'm dead chuffed. Thanks everybody!

Andy

NOW.............thats an ending to a retrobike story.

A TRUE GENTLEMAN LEGEND, FROM THE LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY AND A MASTER CRAFTSMAN.

RULE BRITANNIA..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tW0QqiT2LU

you are one sore winner...but kudos to the bike - it's very lovely and it's not their fault that you are gloating like you've won some sort of patriotic war against foreign steel bike frames.

Back