Where is everyone?

Maybe it's only me then that thinks it would be useful having a map or something in the role call sticky. Didn't see the point in a great long chat thread with various members replying saying where they are as that's not an awfull lot more useful than what's on here already.

As for the Google maps thing, hasn't worked for me for ages, and all the links in the role call thread do right now is create a pm to each member. I would find it really helpful if I could look at a really basic map of Scotland and see where people are.

Even a lot of place names don't really help as I've not been up here long enough to know the name of anywhere unless it's local.

Happy just to keep quiet though if I'm the only one that thinks this is a good idea.

Who else do we have up Aberdeenshire way?

grundig-world-cup-90

haggis passes through on his way to/from the rigs.

Sure there are one or two others...

I'm in Dundee, I'll sort a map of key (read noisy) members and major ride locations and stick it in Ecks thread. It will be vague but if anyone doesn't want included let me know.

The Dunkeld meet is this Sunday - are you going to be joining us?

And incidentally everything is 2 hours + away in this country

One of the motorbike forums I was on had a map where everyone could stick a flag and when you moved your cursor over it a bubble popped up with the members user name. Don't know how it worked though !

The Ken":2qhseubi said:
I'm in Dundee, I'll sort a map of key (read noisy) members and major ride locations and stick it in Ecks thread. It will be vague but if anyone doesn't want included let me know.

The Dunkeld meet is this Sunday - are you going to be joining us?

And incidentally everything is 2 hours + away in this country

Thanks The Ken, that would be really usefull, maybe even something the other regional groups could do too. As I explained to zigzag by PM as I have a large family and only one car long jaunts just aren't an option for me so was really just curious to know if there were any members near me as I ride around here. Not saying I just won't go anywhere else to ride but that it's not practical logistically and due to family commitments for me to spend whole days riding.

Many thanks

There aren't many active rb riders up near aberdeen, just Grundig and Ally I think, and I've never met either.

Back