e-type front mech

FST4RD":1936dmbx said:
Won't bolt straight on as the top of the e-type normally bolts to the frame to support it.

you sure about that? The E-type has a large hole that slips over the bottom bracket cup, so then when cup is tighteghtend, it holds the mount in place ..... or are we talking about something different?

The external BB cups still screw into the bike's BB but are widers due to having bearings but as far as the e-type derailleur is concerned, that makes no difference since the mount butts up against tghe side of the frames BB.

shimano-xtr-m980-10-speed-triple-front-derailleur-e-type.jpg

yeah the cup holds it in position, i think the upper bolt is to counter the cable tension so is required

Talking about the same thing. The little hole above where the BB clamps on you need to put a bolt through there to hold the derailuer in place. If you don't it will flex all over the show and not work properly.

I was trying to find a pic of an E-stay install on a bike, but couldn't seem to find one.

hmmm, little bolt eh, I didn't notice that ..... so will take a good look tonight. (make sense though)

02gf74":1p9xq1km said:
hmmm, little bolt eh, I didn't notice that ..... so will take a good look tonight. (make sense though)

^^^^^ had a good look last night, and although it is quite hard to spot, there is a bolt to hold it to the seat tube.

02gf74":fs6knopg said:
02gf74":fs6knopg said:

^^^^^ had a good look last night, and although it is quite hard to spot, there is a bolt to hold it to the seat tube.

I ran an E-type front mesh on three diferent Trek OCLV pro issue frames from 1995-1999... And these frames did not have the possibility to mount the plate to the frame on the seat tube. The e-type was only fixed to the BB by the BB cups... and there was never an issue on the meash moving around... it actually worked very nice.

Back