My Klein Pulse before and after.

Twister

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I took some pics of my Pulse today and then thought i should post up before and after shots.

'97 Klein Pulse
X-Lite X-Country Bars
X-Lite Camlok skewers (just waiting for the seatpost QR to arrive)
Thomson Stem
Thomson Layback Post
XT-739 Levers/shifters
XT-739 Brakes
XT-739 Rear derailleur
XTR-M950 Cassette
Middleburn RS2 Cranks
Middleburn Rings
Mavic D521 Rims/Hope Hubs
Saddle WTB Shadow circa 2004 (I think)

Dont mention the cheap modern front derailleur. I was desperate, and it will be changed. Will also remove the front disc and spider when I sort out a tool.

Still on the list, bottom bracket (Hope maybe), front derailleur (obviously), black or silver spider, cant decide between RC31s or RC36 evo forks and possibly a respray.

Two Questions:

1) Weighed her today and appeared to be 11kgs, if I went for RC31s, Hope BB and upgrade to XTR950 brake, derailleurs and levers would I save much weight over the existing build?

2) Regarding resprays, whilst I appreciate these things are always subjective i'd like to hear the opinions regarding the following:
Respray as original
Respray as a Klein paintjob from a different year/model
Approaching Storm w/black decals
Midnight Blue w/yellow decals circa 1996
Sea and Sky
Gatorfade?

As its the bike I use day to day should I leave it scuffed and put the money towards a RC200?

Anyway, hope you like the build and would welcome all comments/opinions.

Thanks
Matthew

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 783
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 783
Leave as is, ride and enjoy on a daily basis. Buy something else nice for the weekends when you can afford it ;)

kermitgreenkona88":329yrmih said:
Leave as is, ride and enjoy on a daily basis. Buy something else nice for the weekends when you can afford it ;)

Would have to agree! How many blue Kleins like that do you see round? not many. Enjoy what you have :D

Thanks guys, probably wise words. I'll enjoy her while I try to decide what next. Klein frames have been cheap of late, well pulse and post 96 attitudes have. Or a Pace, or maybe something titanium.

Back