1995 smokestone ss0064

yeah the maguras really work well but I want my rims to last a litte longer plus getting the xtr persuaded me to change em,
the handling couldn't be any better mate I think it was just anoyher case of pilot error :oops:
;)

A few more pics, im getting tempted to strip and re-polish the frame :?
IMAG1140.jpg

IMAG1142.jpg

IMAG1141.jpg

IMAG1030.jpg

IMAG1029.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg

IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1026.jpg

IMAG1025.jpg

cheers,
Lee.

After reading a recent thread on stripping anodising I decided to strip the purple anodising off the seat clamp and brake clamps and ditch all the other purple, and also thought it was time to put the mavic headset on, what do you think?
IMAG1823.jpg

IMAG1825.jpg

IMAG1824.jpg

IMAG1826.jpg

IMAG1822.jpg

Lee.

Looking good Lee mavic sets it off! I've got two on the way in two sizes as I can't find a 1 1/4 crown & steerer so will have to go with shimmed 1 1/8!
Are you still stripping the frame?
any purple you don't want send it my way!

Tc

Tc":2qsmelu8 said:
Looking good Lee mavic sets it off! I've got two on the way in two sizes as I can't find a 1 1/4 crown & steerer so will have to go with shimmed 1 1/8!
Are you still stripping the frame?
any purple you don't want send it my way!

Tc

I ran mine with 1"1/8 shims for a few years it was fine as for stripping maybe? its growing on me in black, but theres a shiny ballburnished frame under there that needs a lot of re-burnishing it needs wet and dry with fine grade paper and re-polishing the whole frame, watch this space :?

Sweet mate, subtle change that makes a big difference! The Mavic headsets are the bomb! I would like to see a black stem maybe? Atac or Ctech?

And I am still jealous about that m900 kit!

Lee I've got a pair of xlite expert bars in blue and in black!

(just noticed bottom of your thread!)

Tc

the_duke":1yzdn9qa said:
Sweet mate, subtle change that makes a big difference! The Mavic headsets are the bomb! I would like to see a black stem maybe? Atac or Ctech?

And I am still jealous about that m900 kit!

just found a pic of the first incarnation of my smokestone complete with ctech stem and manitou forks oh and super shiny silver frame,
charlieboy sent me some pics of a wrightup in 95, seems the rear end on mine was designed for the suspension conversion hence removable cable hanger and brake mounts, anyone got a spare suspension rearend going for a smokestone ?
4577874048_936a8a8cac_b1.jpg

smokestone.jpg

You gotta polish it !
In that article they used onza cantis cos they're height adjustable! Are they not an option on yours?

Tc

Tc":2zh4i1s7 said:
You gotta polish it !
In that article they used onza cantis cos they're height adjustable! Are they not an option on yours?

Tc

yes a worthy option, but for now im going with the maguras again (european theme),
apparantly with the onza's adjustment I can run a 700c rear wheel on her ,, nah dont think so :LOL: im not even going to try honest im not :LOL:
mmm smokestone 29er ....no!

Latest posts

Back