1992 Mountain Cycle San Andreas * Updated pics page 3

So, canti post would mean when, date-wise? This frame I have is pretty similar, but these didn't go through that many revisions for the first few years, did they?

Attachments

• IMG_3790.jpg
    IMG_3790.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 4,510
benbonty":jx39bcn7 said:
Thats superb, loving the front and rear pro stops and the suspenders, this bike with these parts was an iconic bike for me back in the day........
What he said.
I remember this bike with the same specs apart cranks which were Syncros Revos back in 92 catalogue. My first impression- it was like a punch in the face.

FANTASTIC :shock: , you lucky _______ ;)

MHF is the man to ask on the history. Its one of the first series, bent mech tube, straight pinch clamping on swing arm pivots and of course no canti brackets. I would guess 92. And should be 1 ¼ head tube.

MHF has the same 92 bike.

yo-Nate-y

I would say yours is first series gen 2, my favourite logo on frame and a 93/94. Had lots of options on second gen dics or canti, suspender’s or manitous in adverts.
I have maybe first series gen 3, same as yours but straight mech tube and 1 1/8 head tube 95ish.

Attachments

• san andreas 1.jpg
    san andreas 1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 4,493
  • sa.jpg
    sa.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 4,493
  • san andreas 8.jpg
    san andreas 8.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 4,491
  • GetAttachment[1].jpg
    GetAttachment[1].jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 4,492
nutcase-retro":3rvqg3eo said:
I would say yours is first series gen 2, my favourite logo on frame and a 93/94. Had lots of options on second gen dics or canti, suspender’s or manitous in adverts.

Cool---thanks for the info! It was bedecked with M900-series XTR, so I was figuring late '92 into '93. The canti posts kind of threw me off though.

Back