Airborne Mosquito SS - Finished ! 25-01-12 (page 2)

Right then bit of an update after the excesses of Christmas and New year I NEED to get out and ride !
Almost there now but despuite trying every combination of sprockets, chainrings and chains I had I couldn't get a non saggy chain so a tensioner is on the way with a nice shiny gold jockey wheel of course.
Got hold of some repro Airborne decals in white and have put the headtube one on but not sure about doing the rest - keep it clean maybe ?
Brakes possibly a little excessive for a 19lb bike ? :LOL:

Attachments

• airborne-ss.jpg
    airborne-ss.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,619
GT-Steve":ozp0vk23 said:
Loooking goood that.. :cool: :cool:

Are you planning on sourcing the original decals for it??

Thanks Steve :)

I'd like to get some originals but not sure where to try now. I tried Airborne but seems that is an all new brand just under the same name. I know Gil can do decals but where I'd find the designs for the Mosquito I don't know as I have only ever found one not so good pic on the net of the frame. :?

Thats the one I found too. Sadly, doesn't quite show the details.
Notice you have an Airborne in your sig, what do you reckon to it ?

It's Done !

Finally finished after a lot of faffing about with chains and sprokets and tensioners and found a 32 / 18 T, new KMC gold chain plus half link = tada !!! :D
Have swapped out the battered Syncros post for a nice new carbon version and put my repro decals on.
Never ridden a SS before this and I'm liking it - a lot. It's so quiet, barely makes a sound with the semi slicks on and for round the local roads I can get up most of the short sharp hills without too much trouble. The bike weighs in at 19 1/2 lb and thats with some not so weenie bits like the brakes, pedals and the switchblades aren't the lightest either. Perhaps will see about shaving off another lb in the future but for now I think I'm done :)

Attachments

• airborne1.jpg
    airborne1.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 1,355
  • airborne3.jpg
    airborne3.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 1,356
  • airborne4.jpg
    airborne4.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 1,356
  • airborne5.jpg
    airborne5.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,356
Thanks. :)
I found the tyres in my mums shed , they must be 15 years old but like new and you got it right, the gold bits were kinda about matching them. Think it worked out but no doubt will change my mind in a week :roll: !

Back