All Mod Cons...

Cotic Bfe is now only £300 including delivery. Fantastic frames forthe money. Slap a 1x9 drivetrain on it, some large volume tyres, short stem, wide bars and a 140 fork and you will have a cracking bike that can do everything from hooning around the local BMX or 4X track, to big days out in the Alps.

I hate to come across as an On One hater, but having owned a 456 briefly, all I can say is people ride them because they are a cheap introduction to the joys of long forked hartails. They are pretty poor in construction and ride quality though. That said, the carbon on looks spot on and is outstanding value. How they ride, I don't know, but avoid the steel version at all costs.

Dr S":2400qidx said:
Slap a 1x9 drivetrain on it, some large volume tyres, short stem, wide bars and a 140 fork and you will have a cracking bike that can do everything from hooning around the local BMX or 4X track, to big days out in the Alps.
Cheers for the info Dr S, but all of that is nothing I'm contemplating, except maybe The Alps...I'm after a shortish travel, more racey approach. Think the 456 Whippet would do it...

The piglet is a good bike but as with the 456, build quality is not up there. They had to recall quite a few 16" frames due the frames splitting. What about a pipe dream sirus? Its on a par with the cotic soul.

giant-one":3to00qoa said:
The piglet is a good bike but as with the 456, build quality is not up there. They had to recall quite a few 16" frames due the frames splitting. What about a pipe dream situation? Its on a par with the xotic soul.

The Ragley Pigs don't ride as well as Cotic Souls either. Still buy one over an On One, but I've seen a lot of On One/Planet X stuff and I wouldn't touch any of it with your's.

Interested to know what Pipedream frames are like, they look great value.

Modern P7 is a good suggestion, they ride well. Problem is they're bloody expensive for what they are - more expensive than the Cotic, IIRC.

Sandersons look nice and are 853. They also prefer a shorter fork around 120mm.

I still think if you are thinking of heading to the Alps you want something more Burly with at least 140mm up front. Bfe or a Dialled Prince Albert are the cheapest options. The Stanton Slackline is getting rave reviews too but is pricier at £400.

Back