All Mod Cons...

claret73

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I jumped off the Gravy Train of Restoration projects last night & stood back thinking how I see my riding going this year & what I have to use for more modern day trails like Coed-y-Brenin etc...

I'm in need of some better travel, braking & something I don't mind hammering in the mud & rain. So I'm considering a Modern Hardtail with say 120mm up front? Uses would be Trail Centres with maybe some endurance races?...Although I did ride a 2006 Trek Fuel a while back...

There's just so much choice???? Doubt I'll look at new, so have been considering a Steel HT, IE: Cotic, On-One and all the Steel Guys out there doing similar...but dunno where else I should look for a build of around £800 used. Will call in here for Parts & obviously Flea Bay...

Any Pointers?...

Go to a used bike place and try a few out?

Or pick the bike that you like the most that you own and look for geo similar to that?

Alternatively, sit in your house and read many reviews, then go test a 'shortlist'.

I may have just what you're looking for Andy, if you can hang on for a month!
Drop me a pm and I'll explain ;)

Try and get yourself a ride on an On One 456. :cool:

I think lots of people are riding them for a reason :D

mass199":2nc5mlo8 said:
Try and get yourself a ride on an On One 456 :D

+1.

But do yourself a favour and get the carbon version. £300 for the frame (new) still leaves you £500 to finish the build. Easy.

There's a lot of stuff coming onto the market; the hip kids are going 29er, and floogging their old stuff.
Fargin bargins to be had!
Anyone got a Chromag going spare? ;)

claret73":3rnsx4o0 said:
suburbanreuben":3rnsx4o0 said:
the hip kids are going 29er
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I don't think I've ever been Hip! & am too short for a 29er!...I think?...
I don't mean you , Grandad, :p 26ers , or proper mountain bikes, are going cheap . They're yesterday's bikes, so you should have a fair choice!

Back