Alpinestars ASR600 1996

s1monf

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Gents,
Just purchased this on ebay and probably won't get to pick it up for a few days.
I'm interested in doing a period build assuming a reasonable percentage of the parts are original.
My limited search has turned up little information on this model and I was hoping some of you may be able to help with the year / original specification etc.
Any assistance very welcome.
Simon. :LOL:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJCME7yo4B8GqBPEcFY5Dgg~~60_12[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqFHJCME7yo4B8GqBPEcFY5Dgg~~60_12[1].jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,038
Spec

Ta,
From what I have seen these were only made in 1996?
I have just spoken with the seller and it appears to have been upgraded as it has XT shifters and XTR Vs and levers although I think the crank and rear mech are original.
More importantly he says it has nothing worse than a bit of cable rub.
Looks like I may have had a result here - I'm picking it up on Thursday and will post more pics then.

There's a reason the original spec. was so low; by this time Alpinestars' reputation had gone thoroughly
1271.gif

Spec

Yes I know about their fall from grace but hopefully it will ride better than their reputation.
I just really like the look.
Thanks for your input.

Apologies, it was meant to be a comment on the marque rather than your choice of bike...

...which is rather Haro'esque in a way.

No offence taken

No worries - I took your comments in the spirit they were intended and now you mention it, Haro'esque it is.

Sorry Simon can't help much here. Reckon its a 96-98 model but thats as much as i can tell you, my alpinestars knowledge doesn't really go much past. '93!

Back