1990 Kona Cindercone - Paint Splatter

Andy R said:
Strange that on every Cindercone I've seen the spatter tends to be very "speckly" whereas on the Explosif (yellow on pistachio) the yellow is more "streaky".

Just saying..... :oops:

Although sirdazalot's looks streakier - '88 compared to '90 perhaps? And it's got the Explosif mustardy yellow in there too!
Maybe it's only the '88s that were painted by Paul Brodie?

Interesting thought there, i will post some pics up of my other one in the next day or so, would be interesting to see if theres much detail difference in the paintwork, my other is also an 88 i believe, same as this one

Well if it's any help, the two 1990 bikes (see the links) had much bigger splashes than the 80n CC i have. Those are much lighter, thinner splashes.

Andy R":1h13zz1h said:
Strange that on every Cindercone I've seen the spatter tends to be very "speckly" whereas on the Explosif (yellow on pistachio) the yellow is more "streaky".
Just saying..... :oops:
Although sirdazalot's looks streakier - '88 compared to '90 perhaps? And it's got the Explosif mustardy yellow in there too!
Maybe it's only the '88s that were painted by Paul Brodie?
I think you're right that he progressed (or regressed, depending on your point of view?) from streaks to spatter between 1988 and 1990. I don't know for a fact, but I think Brodie was responsible for both styles. He was responsible for finishing and painting all Konas until they parted company in 1990. I think perhaps the tipping point can be seen either in the late 1990 Konas that have just plain colour and no spatter, or perhaps most likely in the 1991 range.

Back