The no name Chinese carbon road bike (modern content)

Perhaps but who cares (except probably those who dont have a bike as nice as that example *lol*). If you want to brand it or leave it plain color thats your biz really.

and that guy who owns the lapierre clone... here are his other bikes :shock:

Attachments

• rickys-other-bikes.jpg
    rickys-other-bikes.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 2,010
  • rickys-other-bikes2.jpg
    rickys-other-bikes2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 2,010
211uq2g.jpg
:)

It does seem a bit bizarre to brand it as a frame it doesn't even look like. I can't quite square the idea of paying lots of money for the Mad Fiber wheels and other components but go cheap on the frame. Or are they all fakes as well?

I like the line up of his other bikes, how many time trial bikes does one man need? I guess some are better for short distance or hilly courses etc. etc. Again, are they all genuine?

Mark.

Hmmm, CHINARELLO
is that the term for a broken carbon/fibreglass fork steerer in the face???

dogpoo is about right! :LOL:

daccordimark":duikxgvm said:
It does seem a bit bizarre to brand it as a frame it doesn't even look like. I can't quite square the idea of paying lots of money for the Mad Fiber wheels and other components but go cheap on the frame. Or are they all fakes as well?

I like the line up of his other bikes, how many time trial bikes does one man need? I guess some are better for short distance or hilly courses etc. etc. Again, are they all genuine?

Mark.

Except for the china bike all other bikes of Ricky are original. The components that went into the china bike were all left over parts from his collection... he builds and collect the TT bikes.

The fake lapierre started as a naked carbon china frame which he had professionally sprayed with that color/design... all that fuzz just to satisfy his dark creative genius (I guess) and not to maliciously fool or mislead anyone (the wheels alone cost more than the frame).

I think Ricky is just one of those bike crazy guys with some money to throw on his bike fetishes.

I was just reading an article about a company that does repairs on broken carbon frames. They said they were repairing 30 to 80 frames per month. Yes I said per month! No thanks, I'll stay with my 1987 steel Bertoni

Back