2008 Independent Steel Deluxe 29er FLW

Still riding mostly suspended whilst the "bionic" arm is gaining strength, but the pink IF is about to make a big step in the build. My "wheel man" has been busy with a chinese manufacturer, and this is the result: a 400 gram 27mm wide 3K carbon 29er clincher rim:

OranZ_carbon.JPG

First production run has arrived, and there's a set with my name on them.

Enjoy!!

What a beauty :D

Fork really doesn't do it for me either, reckon something P2 esque would look better on there. Just personal preference.

The guide is a Rohloff:

rohloff-upper-chainguide_858991b1d62d0d0b9d8223ecad62386d.jpg

The 1x format makes perfect sense on the Dutch flatlands. So much sense that I've converted another bike to 1x9.
I'm thinking about trying the Paul's guide, it looks very tidy.

As for the forks, the Pink Niner works for me, the pictures BTW do not do it justice. And remember the frame was designed around them, it handles rather nice, very direct and quick steering. But then again, I do have Niner and Salsa steel forks also in the quiver, plus White Bros Magic suspension, options a-plenty.

Wheels have a bit of delay as I cannot decide on the hubs. But I did score a set of light and very black Avid XX WorldCup brakes for the IF. Watch this space.... :cool:

Enjoy!!

The IF is almost done, it was out on it's first proper ride today and worked a charm. One or 2 more rides to decide on the final steerer length and that is about it.
Here's the pictures of how it turned out with the new brakes and wheels plus the U.S.E. finishing kit. Some of that was sourced on this forum, you might reckognise your bits, Thanks! All in weight as pictured 9.06kg, will get below the 9 mark when I lose the innertubes fitted.

IndyFab_99perc_021.jpg

IndyFab_99perc_005.jpg

IndyFab_99perc_012.jpg

IndyFab_99perc_016.jpg

IndyFab_99perc_004.jpg

Frame: Independent Fabrication Steel Deluxe 29er FLW
Forks: Niner Carbon in black King Sotto Voce
Rear der & shifter: SRAM X9 10v
Brakes: SRAM XX World Cup with HS2 rotors 160mm
Cockpit: USE Race, Ritchey WCS carbon 10D, ODI Ruffians
Seating: U.S.E. carbon Pro saddle, Sumo aluminium post and clamp
Cranks: Race Face Turbines, 38t Blackspire Mono Veloce,
Bracket: American Classic, Venhill Ti bolts Pedals: WTB Stealth
Cassette & chain: Recon Titanium, SRAM 10v, no guide
Wheels: Hope Pro II EVO on Chinese carbon rims, Sapim spokes
Rocket Ron 2.25s and Michelin latex inner tubes
Extra's: U.S.E. Spinstix en Space R's, Blackburn Swerve cage

"It takes knobby balls to ride a pink Bike"

IndyFab_99perc_001s.JPG

Small updates, now tubeless with Stan's and some fit and finish details. Got the weight down to 8.92 kg, not a target in itself but a (nice) consquence of the choices made. She rides so nice and balanced, and fast too. I have not been out in the woods on another bike since this was finished :D

Note I took the guide off and have had zero issues with the chain.
Is this luck or is the full SS front ring enough to stay out of trouble?

IndyFab_99perc_022.jpg

Enjoy!!

Back