Turner 5 spot... any good?

Yeah, a small drive to a place called Yorkshire & Derbyshire :LOL:
Completely agree with your toughts. I nearly bought a Yeti a few weeks ago but circumstances put paid to that and for the riding I want to do, I'm not sure it's what I'd need.

I've got a 2005 and absolutely love it! I'm only light so used a fair few xc bits from another bike but even though a few have said it should be built as a hard hitter it's still a great bike, can't recommend it enough :).

Awkward Kid":3qmj6qvv said:
I'm not sure what i need. I'd like to use the Mav 120mm i've got on my Pace and build a bomb proof do it all full susser that i can throw about some trail centres.

That 120mm fork will be waaaay to short for a Five Spot. You want 140mm as an absolute minimum if you are to get the best out of it. The locals are all using either 150/60 Floats or 160 Lyriks.

Dr S":a4398fi2 said:
Awkward Kid":a4398fi2 said:
I'm not sure what i need. I'd like to use the Mav 120mm i've got on my Pace and build a bomb proof do it all full susser that i can throw about some trail centres.

That 120mm fork will be waaaay to short for a Five Spot. You want 140mm as an absolute minimum if you are to get the best out of it. The locals are all using either 150/60 Floats or 160 Lyriks.

Was going to big up the Orange 5 again (I think they're ace) but agree with Si about the forks. 120mm is too short for any 5. I've run 140 and 160 on mine.

Back