Sunns up north; bikes, parts & projects :]

now this is starting to get really cool.. not a chance in hell i'll get it under 10kg with them 2.35 enduro tires.. guess i must start a new weenie project.. this one looks too awesome as it is :) next up is red shifters and grips, nos 9.0sl rear mech, black turbines and red crank bros ti pedals.. also would look nicer with black alloy bolts and obsys carbon stickers.. stay tuned

6776032393_98357b7ecd_b.jpg

mmmmmm... what a ride :) i'm soo pleased.. except for that saddle though.. looks cool and by the books, but is a true big punisher for my ass.. a selle slr fire element saddle on its way.. bike will also get some ti bolts

7106940655_5fb6d9e367_b.jpg

wheels are with brubz hubs, dt comp. spokes and dt xr 4.1 ceramic rims.. drivetrain is nos race face turbine cranks and ta spec. rings 24 36, salsa ring dinger bash, kmc sl chain and shimano xt 11-30 cassette.. actually only bb and cassette is shimano, xt.. bought back a race face real seal headset, lovely :) and am very satisfied with the free nos sram 9.0 sl carbon short cage rear mech.. mmm :) shifters are esp 900 and brakes are avid mags, think they look good, adding some more ti color.. and yes, stem is of the brand orange

over and out for now

Sweet bike!

Well done on keeping it alive. haha

Just wondering if you have any trouble with the forks? My own carbon obsys always leak oil just after servicing by my LBS so became unusable. The guy at my LBS said that the seals were perished and he couldn't get ones for the fork and was even talking about doing something to make them rigid!

Any tips?

fire and air :)

air is my exact columbus that i've sprayed green and done a super silent weenie bike of.. just over 7kg now, but will be under before i've finished

6988897062_707e99e7cb_b.jpg

cool pic

I lke the concept.......I have the exact ti but couldn't find a colombus tubed version.......here in NZ... :( ...So i went with my true temper team KHS frame also painted green.....not as sweet as a sunn, but pretty close & the right vintage.

Re: cool pic

Conrads":3wuu3knt said:
I lke the concept.......I have the exact ti but couldn't find a colombus tubed version.......here in NZ... :( ...So i went with my true temper team KHS frame also painted green.....not as sweet as a sunn, but pretty close & the right vintage.

yes.. couldn't resist the live elements concept.. I will build water as well on probably a black sunn revolt frame

guessing u're the only one that rides a morati ti sunn on NZ..? :)

Whats up with the cable on the green steel one?

Both very nice. I'd run two brakes if it were mine though.

Back