Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 25/02/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going! It'll probably be the first ride of the Rocky Mountain, just like the Peaks last year with the GT (cue Rob in agony up the last hill as he realises he is unfit and his bike wants him dead.....).

I'm staying in a B+B, but would like to stay with others - anyone got any options? Maybe staying in the same B+B as someone else, would make it a bit more fun?

Camped at Coniston Hall last time, which is right on the water and beautiful, but it looks like it doesn't open until March (because who would be daft enough I guess...).

All I've found so far is cottages that will only let you book full weeks :x

Two YHAs close by though, although they don't list prices for weekends :roll: I'd guess they'd be around £25 for non-members...

Will keep looking! :D

Coppermines looks good, can hire private for £540 for the weekend. 20 riders £25 10 riders £50 still a bargain?

Can we raise twenty riders before the weekend? Looks like three so far, how about Si and the NE hoardes? ;)

Lee, Martin, Paul? The Skipton massive? Don't make me start PMing... :eek:

Might be worth seeing if its available for a block booking that weekend first.

I think there will be 6-10 from the North East section for this one. Not sure if any plan to stay over though. That said, out of the 45-50 riders you get at nationals these days, i guess at least 10-15-20 would be interested in cheap accomodation should it be available.

I'm only 14 miles down the road at the girlfriends house, I'm looking forward to this, will be the least travel for any RB I have attended :D

Never rode much round here, only been on the RB rides in the lakes bar my daily coastal rides here in Ulverston when I'm here.

Will keep an eye on the weather.

We having breakfast at the cafe start point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back