1987 Saracen Tufftrax

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Finally picked this up after an ebay win a few weeks ago.
HarryCrumb kindly picked it up and had been storing it for me until we met up at the Rivington ride this weekend.

Anyway it's most of a 1987 Tufftrax, complete with Exage Trail hubs and rear u-brake. The saddle is a real unexpected highlight; a 1975 Brooks in very good condition for it's age.

87Tufftrax-01.jpg

At 22" it is of course far too big for me, but I was very happy with the price and it's an interesting addition to the fleet.
I'm not entirely sure what to do with it yet, possibly a period correct resto. The paintwork and decals are still pretty good and I'm sure I'll enjoy searching out the Exage Trail parts...

----------------------------------------------------------

Here is the original advert and price list from 1987.

saracen4_108.jpg

saracen5_474.jpg

Yep, saw that Carl. If you need any images or dimensions for your decals then you'll have to let me know.

Nice project Paul. It is on the large side even by 80's standards. What frame tubing is it?

Nice find and project Paul. Might not be a rider I suppose but if you ever buy a smallholding at least you'll have something you can use to keep the animals in the field.

Look forward to seeing this built up, the frame is massive cant you mount the seat to the top tube :LOL: just kidding,
drop bars?

Back