92 GT Bravado nearly finished (P4).

gm1230126":hkdzzsae said:
Interesting. I would have left it alone. Loose the riser bar?

Left it with scabby paint and stickers ?, it does look tidier in the pics than it was in the flesh, it was well used and battle scarred (though that does have an appeal), i could'nt have lived with it, i greatly admire original bikes and period correct builds (like your awesome collection) but i like going my own way and making my bikes individual so would rather buy a rough frame that warrants stripping rather than an NOS or mint frame that warrants a period correct, original spec build.

Risers have to stay, flat bars look better but the bike is 100% a rider and my back and shoulders just dont get on with a low, narrow riding position, besides Hans Rey had risers on his Zaskar in 93 ;)

I can see it 20 years from now when I'm sitting in my rocker reading through retrobike and someone's going to post up pictures of this bike well battle scarred and they'll be asking.... "Is this one of bikes that GT made back in 1992?....the original catalog says they were only available in yellow and red" :D

gm1230126":3b0eh5gh said:
I can see it 20 years from now when I'm sitting in my rocker reading through retrobike and someone's going to post up pictures of this bike well battle scarred and they'll be asking.... "Is this some one of bike that GT made back in 1992, the original catalog says they were only available in yellow and red" :D

Cheers man :LOL:

Well true to my word, i mentioned at the start of this thread that i'd end up re-doing this frame after the novelty wore off with the "Rasta" paintjob.

After nearly a year of riding/commuting/abuse it still looked pretty fresh :)

SAM_0461.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm, bare steel :)

SAM_0493.jpg

Ta, Da, Yellow, Ford Signal to be exact, going to order a new decal kit over the weekend, two or six coats of laquer, built back up replacing the saddle, pedals, grips and cables for black.

SAM_0497.jpg

Wanting to get it done for the MacRetro ride at Dunkeld next month so better crack on

:)

S'that a mk3 cortina colour mark ?

Reminds me I'd better build Summat for dunkeld

haha ford signal yellow for the win. resprayed more than one of my mopeds in that colour because I love it so much.

Perhaps now is when I should own up to having one BiTD...

...and repainting it with green Hammerite! :shock:

I admit this only because I found the stem in a bag in the shed today - didn't even realise I still had it; to get around the cable-hanger issue I drilled a 6mm hole in the top and a 2mm hole in the bottom, a la Tioga! Well, it worked... :oops:

Back