What full sus xc bike?

longun":21fp90rx said:
Only with heavy bits, the best is not the lightest don't forget. Intense spider appears to get very highly regarded as a contender. Also the mongoose Canaan, bitd a mere 4" travel lol

I've got a Canaan, very good uphill or down. Quite a bit lighter than the teocali, and doesnt really need the lockout on the shock, very efficient (same system as teocali).

As for only having 4 inches of travel, its pretty typical for a marathon/xc bike.

Also, the Kona hei hei is a great frame (scandium tubing/magnesium rocker)
, as is the spesh epic.

steve wallace":3t6hg1ir said:
Didn't know you had toys in your likeness Chris ;)

you know me dude, we all have toys ;)

some are just feckin way expensive pmsl

would love a canaan, or giant anthem, they appear sweeeeeeeet

I'm sure there are plenty of short travel, lightweight full sussers around these days, but you have to ask, do you really need a full suspension bike for regular XC use? I've managed 25 years of XC riding without bounce and don't feel the need to change.

If its a big silly day out in the big hills with the local lunatics though, i choose something with bounce. Lots of bounce :twisted:

From a 98 onward point of view whilst still not being modern I'd go for a Trek Y-frame. Simple, tough, late ones are disc ready, virtual rear lock out when you stand for climbs. Not the best in many peoples eyes but this is retrobike and the latest kits well, just out of place. ;)

I wish I still had my 2005 ellsworth truth :cry: faultless bikes

I swear by the Orange 5. Had a couple and they're ace for all types of terrain. Think mine comes in around 28lb atm so not too heavy. ;)

Latest posts

Back