Sad but mysterious SLX framed bike (project bike!) £75 SOLD

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this bike of a chap some years ago, I t was a handsome columbus slx frame with a splash of chrome and a tasty stencilled paint job. It was un stickered at the time, the chap informed me of its name which I had never heard of and duly forgot within about 5 minutes, it was something along the lines of tozzimarachiliani but I really cant remember. Anyway I loved and cherished it for a few years and finally sold it to a lovely chap who got it from me very cheap as steel frames were in the doldrums and rather undesirable at the time. I saw the bike a short while later it had just been sent to the powder coaters and returned in this mango tastic orange, the very swish carbon fork that I had fitted shortly before selling it had been shot blasted and was returned looking like it had been crushed by twenty steamrollers. I was asked to replace it with the cheapest fork that I could find which was a twenty quid chromed monstrosity. The record headset had been butchered by the nice powder coating folk and was totally past it so a cheap replacement was fitted (the top cap still remains as a glimpse of its former glory). Away it rode, I felt sad but hey ho.
Onward ten years and it rolls into the shop having been sat in a shed unused for the last five years. I felt sorry for the old girl and bought it back! I figured somebody on here might enjoy sprucing it up and giving it some love again. Those twenty quid forks are rusted to death and fit for the bin, the rest of it is dirty and dusty but still sound (if a little worn)
It has shimano 600 brakes, mechs and chainset, 105 shifters and calipers, an xt rear hub (squeezed into the dropouts), a suntour xc pro greaseguard front hub on mavic cxp 30 rims. cinelli criterium bars, itm stem.
The frame has a few knocks and bumpy bits but still runs fine. It all needs a good degreasing and fettling and would benefit from new cabling and bar tape.
It measures up as 60cm centre to centre with a 57cm top tube and a 187mm headtube. The bars are 44cm centre to centre and the stem is 110mm. Im just shy of 6ft 2" and its set up fine for me as pictured.

Looking for £75. I can post within the UK for £18.99 (excluding offshore and northern scotland)

If anyone wants any better pictures or further info please drop me a line.
Thanks for looking
[/b]
NOW SOLD

Attachments

• MANGO.jpg
    MANGO.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,412
Cant quite make it out as I'm on my phone, but looks very much like a tommasini super prestige...... If it is, then we have one very lucky buyer!

Mmmm.

Interesting frame. I can see why you say Tommasini but I would certainly expect to see some pantographing to the top of the seat stays on a super prestige, and also Tommasini logo on the lugs. The bottom bracket shell looks like a cinelli based casting but obviously used by many builders. Looks like a nicely made frame though and worthy of a bit more investigation. I would agree with italian but which .....:?

Hopefully the new buyer will post up more pics when they get it :D

Super presige's don't have a panto on the tips of seat stays... But they do on head lugs and brake bridge, a close up of that would tell and it sounds a bit like th OP's initial word!!!

Back