Mechanics bike stand....

The lidl ones rate very well for the price, have search around there is a thread about them.

Lidl for me, cant beat em for the price, you just have to be patient and get in early as soon as they have them instore.

After 2 decades of not owning a stand I decide to get one. After looking around all the alternatives and cheap options I bought a Park PCS9. I was very fortunate to get it for £50 new from Go Outdoors when they had a 50% off everything day but I would have paid £90 easily. It's very stable and the design is very good.

All the other stands have a weakness or two which means that something will wear out or go sloppy or something eventually. My brother has a Minoura one which was £140 or something and it's gone wobbly where the clamp fits the vertical section after 3 years. He wished he had bought a Park instead.

You can get the PCS9 for £70-80 if you shop around and if it was my money I'd rather pay full RRP for one than go for any other at that or lower price.

Only thing I wish it had was a QR clamp but its not a deal breaker and it does make you a little more careful how you clamp stuff so it may be a good thing I dont have it - the PCS10 does I think.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have the Edinburgh bike one - which is the same as the ribble/raleigh - it is pretty good but has a couple of short comings - not the most stable if like me you work on uneven surfaces (the lawn), and the clamp mechanism has slipped on me a couple of times (it folds away) and I'm fairly sure I am seating it properly before starting work.

Besides that it is nicely finished, folds to a reasonable size with QRs' and definitely worth the money at £50 - you can buy a tray for it for an extra tenner too.

Back