West Midlands riders say hello

Andy here...I held off Posting as I wasn't sure which Camp I was going to end up in...West Mids, South-West...This is a 'Billy No Mates' Shot during a 3hr Test the Knee out ride over Bredon Hill last Spring...

Got into MTBing when I was about 17. Used to ride Sutton Park a bit, then joined 'The Beacon RCC' where it all took off. Raced the West Mids League and followed some of the Grundig/World Champ races International. Ended with me selling my Litespeed OBed & becoming a Roadie. Makster sold me a spare set of Decals and the Lobster is reborn. Just need a replacement knee & I'll be back out again...

Attachments

• Catalogue-ShotRT.jpg
    Catalogue-ShotRT.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 4,538
hello folks....im darren, despite being a fat knacker i have actually been riding since i was 13.....i once knocked on larry graysons door, and unaware of the danger, went in wearing a cubs uniform to make him a brew for 50 pence.....i ride with you when my job allows it....(not too often!).....i can be seen punting my bikes around the midlands various destinations although usually at night......i love you all....

Attachments

• peaks.jpg
    peaks.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 4,533
Hi all

My name's Stuart and I've been mountain biking on and off since I was 17, did a fair bit of racing back then when the scene was fun! Got back into riding properly a couple of years ago when I started commuting to work and then realised I wanted to get back onto a proper bike - and I've not looked back since.

I'm not really into flash bits or bikes just for show - they're there to be ridden and you can't get much of a better ride than the early 90's race-orientated rigids and hardtails IMHO :) - which is why I like retrobike :D

Enjoyed several retrobike rides over the last year and looking forward to more.

(Piccie below as I don't know how to put it in the main text :facepalm: )

See you all soon hopefully.

Attachments

• BM ride october.jpg
    BM ride october.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 4,510
Hey!

My names Andy, been biking for a few years now. Have a few old bikes, few new, well actually 2004 is newest now :?, and do ride the roads too.

Moved to Bicester last year from Brum, which is just in the west mids region still, so all good. Looking forward to a few rides this year. Getting to know a bit around here now, but bit further into Aylesbury, and south a bit on the Ridgeway. Hopefully get to know some more if find some locals here.

Anyhow, heres a pic of my Racing at Woodbury BITD on my Alu O that I stripped back and polished :)

Cheers!

Attachments

• SCAN0062.JPG
    SCAN0062.JPG
    318.2 KB · Views: 4,489
Hi my names Mike, I'm from Gloucester and can usually be found around the hills between Stroud and Gloucester and sometimes in the FOD. Quite heavily into MTB's BITD but not so much in the last 15 or so years. My main (favorite) ride is my Cannondale I've owned since new ('93).
Here is a few pictures. The last one to prove she's no Queen was taken yesterday on the Verderers Trail.
06092011209.jpg

CIMG3732.jpg

2012-01-14161354.jpg

427106_10150531618461288_562256287_9339282_1934441555_n.jpg

Iv'e been lurking here for a while now so i thought the time had come to introduce myself...

I'm Karl and live in the market town of Atherstone. In between my main job as a brewer i am also employed as a Hollywood script writer and have been known to do a little cat-walk modelling as well, killer calves you see. This hedonistic lifestyle is one of the reasons for my absence on the local scene and coupled with an extremely rare condition, whereby i explode if i come into contact with mud or foliage and you will understand why i stick to the tarmac. Wave if you see me, i am actually a very happy roadie indeed....truly a rare thing.

Attachments

• Molly's doll 007.jpg
    Molly's doll 007.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 4,054
grumpycommuter":15dlqrka said:
Iv'e been lurking here for a while now so i thought the time had come to introduce myself...

I'm Karl and live in the market town of Atherstone. In between my main job as a brewer i am also employed as a Hollywood script writer and have been known to do a little cat-walk modelling as well, killer calves you see. This hedonistic lifestyle is one of the reasons for my absence on the local scene and coupled with an extremely rare condition, whereby i explode if i come into contact with mud or foliage and you will understand why i stick to the tarmac. Wave if you see me, i am actually a very happy roadie indeed....truly a rare thing.

Hi karl.......

Nice dress :D

Back