Gazelle Champion Mondial AA project - FINISHED

Moderator, is there any chance we can delete the last 4 off-topic messages?

Anyway, I finally finished lug lining. I like the result. Only one thing - frame spray is chipped here and there so it looks like i was a bit messy with the paint. So I guess powder coating is on the way. And then lug lining again. By the way its harder to do lug lining on powder coated frames, cause the corners of the lugs are smooth and marker pen slips all the time

SK2ZW.jpg
LAW7H.jpg
XVyJt.jpg
5SgCb.jpg

GmSFP.jpg
3MydH.jpg
4Qvhz.jpg
N5dVQ.jpg

jaUIl.jpg
fH4ZF.jpg

great colour too.
Like someone said, not sure about the spoking .. might prove troublesome in future.
the mavic silver anodised are IMO better than mavic bare alu cos mavic polished tend not to stay shiney and stain. Good if you have the patience to keep polished, not so good if you like to use and then hang up till next time.

Seatpin is interesting, reminiscent of the 70's testers who drilled everything out to save weight. Just make sure water dont go down there

pigman":31we3mmi said:
great colour too.
Like someone said, not sure about the spoking .. might prove troublesome in future

What if I re-lace the rear one to normal 3 cross pattern, can I use the same spokes? The length of the spokes is the same on both patterns. I'm just not sure if I can re-use the spokes. The wheels haven't been ridden at all.

Thanks for the comments

Finally got what I wanted for ages. Nitto Jaguar steel stem

faR76.jpg
ATd20.jpg
374eT.jpg
p4VMh.jpg

Combo with Nitto steel drops

oa5AM.jpg
9bc2O.jpg

And fitted on the frame

xEHJn.jpg
QHJhU.jpg
WdbAA.jpg

Thanks. Now Im waiting for a payday to get tyres, saddle and brake levers. And it will be complete...
Thinking to get these:

Laser San Marco black suede NOS £65

XDibE.jpg

Paul Comp E Levers. £55 each

BwENi.jpg

And Panaracer Pasela TG £20 each

1YuO1.jpg

Originally wanted ( actually still want to ) get Concor black suede, but can't find in good condition. There's one on Ebay, but frrom USA and expensive plus duty tax...
Dunno. Got San Marco Corsaire, but dont really like it so its for sale now

cKlcO.jpg
6N6oq.jpg

Back