Turner 5 spot... any good?

i had a horst link and it was an utterly brilliant bike. i cant stress enough as to how fast it wanted to go and how good it was. If you buy one you will not regret it. Didnt CRC have some ridiculous deals on the DW link ones a month or so ago?

I had a Whyte 46 for a brief flirt and didn't get on with it. To be honest I probably didn't give it enough of a go. I do fancy a full sus to throw at anything kinda ride. Turner could be it???

take it to a trail centre and see what you think. thats what i keep my epiphany for mostly

A few locals have the latest model year and swear by them. The earlier bikes had pretty marginal geometry for their intended use, but they are now nice and slack. A 160 fork is a must they say- most opt for 36 Floats.

Have a word with Toons. He's had a few 5 spots now and loves them.

A good alternative is the Mythic Spitfire. Hated mine at first and could not get a good set up. Moved from a 140 fork to a 160 now and it's transformed it. The frame is around £500-600 cheaper than a Turner too.

Si

Cheers bud.

I'm not sure what i need. I'd like to use the Mav 120mm i've got on my Pace and build a bomb proof do it all full susser that i can throw about some trail centres. Not sure what to have a go at. Had been looking at Orange 5's,Quakes, Whytes etc

Advice is much appreciated :?

Have you considered an Ibis (SL/R or HD). Uses the same DW link as the Turner and there's not too many of them about - in the year that Ive had mine I've only seen 2 others

plus the're light - my SL (large size), built with SRAM XO, Fox float 32's, Mavic XC717's on Hope hubs, Hope Tech Evo M4 brakes and a Reverb seatpost is coming in at just under 26lbs. Thats for the 140mm SL - the SLR would be a tad lighter - the HD a shade heavier

Great bikes, a real head turner (no pun intended) and fantastic to ride - fast on the climbs, faster on the descents - second best bike I've ever owned (Mountain Goat still the best - just!)

andypasher":2f51htvi said:
Have you considered an Ibis (SL/R or HD). Uses the same DW link as the Turner and there's not too many of them about - in the year that Ive had mine I've only seen 2 others

plus the're light - my SL (large size), built with SRAM XO, Fox float 32's, Mavic XC717's on Hope hubs, Hope Tech Evo M4 brakes and a Reverb seatpost is coming in at just under 26lbs. Thats for the 140mm SL - the SLR would be a tad lighter - the HD a shade heavier

Great bikes, a real head turner (no pun intended) and fantastic to ride - fast on the climbs, faster on the descents - second best bike I've ever owned (Mountain Goat still the best - just!)

I hear you but for my first real dabble i dont want to spend a fortune. I just fancy a hard hitter that i can throw about. I see your Lincolnshire based? I'm in Lincoln (I'm the manager of Dogma Bar & Restaurant). If youre up for a ride out mid week let me know :)

A 5 spot is on my wish list too. Along with a yeti 575 and an orange 5.
Reckon the turner would take more use/abuse than the fragile looking yeti.
My current fav is the orange. But currently still dreaming.
Anyway where are you going to use a 5inch travel rig in lincolnshire ?

Back