Help identifying bike

bruciebonuz

Dirt Disciple
I picked up an old road bike from a local charity shop today. It looks like a 90s bike to me. It has been respayed and has a "D" stamped on the top tube and down tube by the head tube and "57" on the bottom bracket. It's a nice old thing and has a 14 speed 105 group set, campag seat tube and front and rear hubs, mavic ma40 wheels and a nice retro bassano saddle in decent nick. Is the "D" for Dawes? Maybe a daft question but I have never owned one so am not familiar with them.

Thanks

Jon

sounds like it has some good quality bits on it . put some pics up so we can drool over it .

and my be we can help a bit more

Not sure about it being one to drool over (particularly in the gloomy green) but not bad for £20.

Attachments

• IMG_7985.JPG
    IMG_7985.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,096
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_7989.JPG
    IMG_7989.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,094
  • IMG_7988.JPG
    IMG_7988.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,094
  • IMG_7991.JPG
    IMG_7991.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,094
  • IMG_7994.JPG
    IMG_7994.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,094
£20!!! :shock: I think it's fair to say you found a bargain there. I don't know what sort of frame it is but MA40 rims laced to Campagnolo hubs, a Campagnolo seatpost, Cinelli stem and all the good Shimano stuff would have been a bargain if it had all been loose in a box without the frame, never mind on a fully assembled bike.

You could call the paint shop and ask if they remember it and what it was - it's a long shot but you never know, and they might have removed decals before spraying it. Any serial numbers under the bottom bracket or on the rear drop-outs?

that is glorious , i would quite happily swap a twenty ponund note for it if you want to

very nice and well done

Latest posts

Back